Why can't I log into BNY Mellon?

They require me to specifically "turn on" quicken access on their website, but I am unable to logon. BNY Mellon is stumped as well.

Answers

• Hi @spencerw,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue.

When you say that you are 'unable to logon', do you mean to Quicken or to your BNY Mellon account page on their website?

I look forward to hearing your response.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• spencerw
    spencerw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Hi @quicken Jasmine -

I did a three-way call between BNYMellon and Quicken Support. We spent about an hour working through various permutations. BNY requires an eight character passcode with a capital letter, a number, and a special character. My passcode included "!" (bang) as my special character and for some reason, it was getting garbled between Quicken and BNY Mellon.

The solution was to completely change my passcode to not include the "!" as a special character.

Quicken blames BNY; BNY blames Quicken. I have a new password (after 18 years) and it all seems to be working.

Everyone (BNY and Quicken) expects that my original passcode "should" work, but for some reason it kicks out an error when Quicken presents that specific passcode to BNY. I can log in to BNY using that passcode, no problem. It's worked for a number of years but won't work with Quicken.

Not the best solution, but a solution that works.

Now if I could figure out how to download more than 60 days of transactions!

Thanks for the response!

Spencer
This discussion has been closed.