Unable to set up a Credit Card account

User2022
User2022 Member ✭✭
I have successfully set up a checking account, and would like to add my credit card account. I will not be downloading transactions; I'll be adding them manually. In Quicken, I go to Accounts/New/Credit Card. Two screens pop up: the top one says Updating... please wait. Behind that is the Quicken sign-in for QuickenCloud, which I do not use. I signed in anyway, and got returned to the Updating. What's going on and why can't I set up a separate Credit Card account????

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Your profile says you are using Quicken Mac Subscription. Assuming that's right, try this: Go to menu Quicken and click Sign Out. After signing out, sign back in and try again to add the account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• Hi @User2022,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this.

What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by clicking Quicken> About Quicken?
    Your Quicken Application may be currently updating, you can also force quit the app and reopen it and try to add the credit card account. 

Please let me know how this goes. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Your profile says you are using Quicken Mac Subscription. Assuming that's right, try this: Go to menu Quicken and click Sign Out. After signing out, sign back in and try again to add the account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • User2022
    User2022 Member ✭✭
    Thank you so much, that did the trick!
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Hello @User2022

Thank you for you’re response. We are glad your issue is now resolved. If you have any other questions or issues l, please let us know. 

~Quicken Paloma 
This discussion has been closed.