Except on brokerage portfolio
«  Price and holding as «  is locked on 2/19/2022
Has anybody faced this kind of problem.
If yes what action to do to unlock my Quicken Brokerage and write the good date

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not understanding exactly what is locked. Are you trying to enter a transaction? View your portfolio as of another date? Please describe what account or account group you have clicked on the left sidebar, and where you are clicking to change the date.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Abarnoin
    Abarnoin Member
    Options
    Thank you for your quickly reply .
    What I want is to modify the value of one registred security on a given date, for example today, in the price history.
    I can do it correctly but when I would like to modify the date to see the portfolio on another date later in the year such as 12/31/2022,
    I can’t
    To do that I selected in the paragraph Investing / Brokerage by clicking on the name of concerned security . I was able to edit the security price history and modify the value of the security on today's date
    But after returning to the portfolio screen I wanted to save the date of 12/31/2022 in :
    “Price and holding as of” ( on the right side top on the screen )
    and
    " 1 y " on the left side of the screen
    so that my portfolio is always up to date when the account is opened, regardless of the date of the last entry
    I could't change the date on the portfolio screen to a date later than today's date
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Abarnoin Ah, thank you for the more detailed explanation! There are so many places to enter dates that I was thinking you were referring to something different.

The entry of dates in various places in investments screens is completely independent. So as you have seen, editing a security and going to the Price History screen, you can enter a price for any date. This has no bearing on the Portfolio date. That is, if you open the Portfolio today, on 2/19, and you click on a security, then Edit Security, then Price History, you can enter a price for, say, 1/31 and save it, and it won't affect the Portfolio date.

You then said you wanted to set the Price and Holding as of date to 12/31/22. I find I am able to do this. If I do it on the keyboard, typing 12/31/2022, the graph changes to show the new ending date. Alternatively, if I click the little calendar icon to the right of the date field, I can advance to December and click on 12/31/22, and the graph also changes that way. And you're saying you are unable to select a date in the future? I've not seen this, and I can't reproduce it. Have you tried using the calendar? 

But… why are you trying to set a future date? the Price and Holdings as of date will always be set to today's date when you launch Quicken or switch investment accounts. You said you wanted a future date there "so that my portfolio is always up to date when the account is opened, regardless of the date of the last entry" — and I'm saying it does that automatically. If you come back in two weeks, when you launch Quicken, the As Of date will be that day, 3/5/22.

There is no way to "lock the "As of" date in the Portfolio. It's intended to let you take a quick hop into the past to see your holdings, as you might want to do if reconciling last month/quarter/year with a brokerage statement. But it will reset to today's date as soon as you click on any other account or account group in the sidebar, or when you re-launch Quicken. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Abarnoin
    Abarnoin Member
    Options
    Hi Jacobs
    Well received your long and detailed explanations.
    Now I understood well what I could do and ……not do.
    Thank you very much again
    Andre
This discussion has been closed.