Can I use OneDrive or Google Drive to backup Quicken online?

I have been using Dropbox for online backup of Quicken for several years. Suddenly, Dropbox has started to backup thousands of my photos. First, I Chatted with Dropbox Support, but still had the problem syncing with photos. Two weeks ago I started communicating with Dropbox Support via email, sending many emails and screenshots. Still have a problem, so went back to Chat. Chat said they would have an Advanced Team contact me send me an email to contact me. Three days later and I have still not heard from them.

Can I use OneDrive or Google Drive instead of Dropbox for online backup? Does either of those services have Support that I can talk to on the phone, or do they have a service where they can log on to my computer? I'm definitely not a computer geek, but Dropbox Support doesn't seem to be either!

Weegie216

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Weegie216

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To clarify, you are able to back up your Quicken to any cloud-based storage of your choosing. It is not limited to Dropbox. We simple advise to only keep backup files in your cloud based storage and your main/active file(s) on your local hard drive. 

Hope this provides clarification. Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Do all 3 services have the same level of Support (non-support!), i.e. Community, Chat, Email? No phone?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Weegie216

Thank you for your response. Although, I do apologize since I do not have an answer to these questions. I am unfamiliar with the support provided by these cloud-based services. However, if you do have any other questions in regards to how to backup/restore your file or with any other Quicken issue we would be glad to assist.  

-Quicken Paloma
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HOW and WHY should Quicken Support know anything about what support those completely separate products (not affiliated with Q) offer???

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Since it is the Community site I was hoping someone in the Community would reply. I really appreciate your help
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you just contact those respective products and ask them???

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.