What is category ACCT_489?

Options
Judyrb
Judyrb Member ✭✭
I have the above category that shows up when I bring up a saved report.I never created it. See attached snip. It shows a Bank. When I look at my Category List, it does not show up. I would like to delete it. Can anyone explain what this is and why? I am on current R38.30 Quicken Deluxe for Windows.

Best Answer

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    run the validate or super-validate on your current file. Save a backup before running it.

It's a temp account that didn't get deleted. They can also persist if you have unaccepted transactions after performing One Step Update.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hello @Judyrb,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Have you checked to see if this category could possibly be hidden? To check, please navigate to Tools > Category List and select the Show hidden categories box at the bottom, then try to search for this category name, and see if any search results populate.

Check back and let us know what you find! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest you try the Copy and Validate instructions described in https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows  The process should either remove the temporary account or enable you to delete it.
  • Judyrb
    Judyrb Member ✭✭
    Options
    I looked at hidden categories and hidden accounts and there is no such thing as ACCT_489 (note it is a category but also a Bank?? I searched Account List and did not find it. This has been going on for some months now and I don't have a backup that old to run a validate test on. And as a Schwab customer I have had other problems (fortunately mine are resolved). It certainly shows up in the Reports/advanced/categories screen but otherwise nbd. I had wondered if anyone else had that problem.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    run the validate or super-validate on your current file. Save a backup before running it.

It's a temp account that didn't get deleted. They can also persist if you have unaccepted transactions after performing One Step Update.
  • Judyrb
    Judyrb Member ✭✭
    Options
    I ran Validate and then reran the report from which I took the snip.. And you were RIGHT! The strange ACCT_489 category is gone. The Validate report also said "Repaired your data file by removing a damaged category." Checking the category list was useless to me as it never showed up there, but only on the report. Many Thanks Markus1957!!
This discussion has been closed.