Lincoln Financial Group account sync failure

I have a pension account at Lincoln Financial Group. It's basically a stable value plan that I can cash out, rollover, or use it to buy an annuity. It's valuable to leave it there because it won't lose value and earns interest at higher than market rates.

It's displayed on their web site by its current value. There are no details such as when interest is paid. The balance simply increases at the end of the month. This would fit with Quicken's simplified position-only tracking method.

When I try to sync accounts, Quicken recognizes and creates the account using Direct Connect. Unfortunately, the balance is shown as $0. Updates do nothing.

The same account linked to my accounts at Fidelity using their Full View account aggregator shows the balance as it is display on the LFG web site, so the information is available.

Does anyone have a positive experience with this type of account at LFG?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited February 2022
    Hi @SomebodyInGNV,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this error, I understand that it can be frustrating. 

From what I understand, the account with Lincoln Financial Group is connecting correctly however it is not downloading your balance or any transactions? 

Are you receiving any sort of error messages or any sort of colored dots that appear on the account? What version of Quicken are you running?

[Redacted - Mac Instructions/Post Moved]

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    I'm using QWin R38.30 and thought I posted this in the Quicken Windows section. Obviously not. Feel free to move it.

I followed the Windows equivalent of your directions, except that Windows doesn't show me a list to banks to choose from. If I enter "LFG" or "LFG.com", I get nothing. If I enter "Lincoln" or "Lincoln Financial", I get Lincoln Automotive Financial Services". I only get Lincoln Financial Group if I enter the entire string in the search box, and it doesn't show other "lincolns" to choose from.

LFG apparently has a direct connection, but it doesn't do me any good. The balance is still 0 and there are no transactions. It might work for their 403b or 401a but I no longer have those accounts.

If I go to Advanced settings when adding the account, I'm given the option of Express Web but it's really not Express. It just creates the account and tells me how to download transactions from the web site. I already know that.

This probably isn't worth the effort to try more. Balances are updated only monthly with interest being added and that's only if I drill down farther than the initial screen. The balance shown on the summary screen at login seems to be updated only quarterly. That's the balance shown in Fidelity's Full View. and it's out of date.
This discussion has been closed.