Capital One AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (PAUTH_INVALID_TOKEN:FDP-350) (Q Mac)

Like many others I have seen on the discussion board, I have not been able to update my Capital One accounts for several months. I followed the advice posted to both deactivate each of my accounts from within Quicken and unlink them from within the Capital One website. I am not able to reactive any of my accounts. I have tried for 3 days in a row. I get a message saying "can't setup Capital One 360" and the error message AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (PAUTH_INVALID_TOKEN:FDP-350)

I would really love a solution to this. My Quicken subscription is up for renewal and if this isn't fixed, there isn't much benefit to me in continuing to pay for this program.

Answers

• Hi @coffeenomad,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this error. 

First, I would like to know if you have tried disconnecting all of Capital One accounts and then reconnecting them? If not, please attempt that. You can do this by: 

Deactivate an account

1. Click on the account name in the bar down the side of Quicken Mac
    2. Click the Settings gear icon in the bottom-right corner
    3. Click the Downloads tab
    4. Click the Disconnect account button
    5. Click Done

To Reactivate Account(s)

1. Click the account name in the list displayed down the side of Quicken to open the register.
    2. Click the Settings gear in the lower right corner of the register view.
    3. Go to the Downloads tab.
    4. Click the Connect Account button.
    5. Type in the financial institution name and walk through the wizard.
    6. Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution for your login credentials, and carefully link to your existing Quicken account(s).
    7. Click Continue.

I have also provided a link to an article that discusses these steps:

https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/deactivate-and-reactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Please let me know if this solves the error, I look forward to hearing your response.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• yes, I tried that already and I tried that again, in fact I've tried it multiple times over multiple days and it hasn't changed. I would appreciate further assistance. Thank you
  • Hi @coffeenomad,

Thank you for your response, though I am sorry that those instructions did not help. 

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you currently have running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    Next, I reccommend deactivating the account(s) experiencing this error, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
    After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated 
    10. At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
    11. Wait for the list to finish updating and Updated: " displays the current date.
    12. Click the Show List button to continue
    13. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    14. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    15. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
    Please let me know how it goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• dxterra
    dxterra Member
    I had this same issue and Quicken Jasmine's response fixed my issue. Thank you
  • Firstly, I am using the following version of Quicken: Version 6.6.0 (Build 606.43140.100)

I was optimistic that your second set of instructions would help me as I found two 'hidden' accounts that were still connected to the same bank. However I did as you suggested, I unhid all related accounts, I deactivated them, closed quicken, deleted the passwords in keychain, updated the bank list and attempted to add an account but still getting error messages.
  • Hi @dxterra,

I am happy to hear that those instructions worked for you and that the issue is now resolved!

I hope you have a great day! Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• Hello @coffeenomad,

Thank you for your response, I am sorry to hear that those instructions did not help to resolve the error. 

Could you please create a test file and add your Capital one account to it so we can see if the error still occurs? You can do this by going to File>New>Start from Scratch.

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• coffeenomad
    coffeenomad Member
    by starting from scratch...what will that do to my existing account information, will I be able to add it back in from a back up? I want to be sure that is the case and how to do it before I follow these instructions to 'start from scratch'. Please advise. Thank you
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @coffeenomad,

Thank you for your response. The test file will not affect your current data at all, that will still be located under the current name that you have for that data file. After you complete the test file, you can go to File>Open and find your current data file and reopen it. 

I hope this clears up the confusion. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• coffeenomad
    coffeenomad Member
    I was able to set up a test file (I only tried one of 4 accounts) but then the test file was not able to connect and download all the transactions. It 'set up' the account and listed a balance but no detailed transactions and it gave an error message when I tried to download another time.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @coffeenomad,

Thank you for your response, I apologize that these troubleshooting steps did not work. 

We do currently have an Ongoing Active Alert regarding Capital One and this error. I have added a link to the alert which you can follow and bookmark in order to remain up to date on any new information, resolutions, or ETAs that may occur. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900427/ongoing-3-1-22-capital-one-cc-901-501-502-or-prompt-to-re-authorize-accounts

I apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused and I appreciate your continued patience and support. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• smorgan52
    smorgan52 Member
    Hello Quicken Jasmine,

I went through all the troubleshooting steps and removed the keychain entries etc but was still getting the error. I created a new test file as you recommended to coffeenomad, but instead of selecting Capital One 360 as the bank, I selected Capital One Card Current (or something similar). That worked! I was able to download recent transactions to all my Capital One accounts in the test file.

I went back to my regular Quicken file and connected my accounts, selecting Capital One Card Current, and then Quicken was able to connect and download transactions for the accounts. So happy :)
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @smorgan52,

Thank you for the response, I am so happy to hear that you are now able to connect and download transactions from Capital One!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.