Sorry, We encountered an error (It's not your fault)

Deactivated account. Quiken wants to reauthorize account. Quicken locates the correct account account and number. Appears to be connecting, but, comes back with above error. This has been going on since early February.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for the additional information.

This is actually a known issue that our teams are aware of and have opened an escalation ticket for with our service provider. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on a solution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available information and updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @Charlie M,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

Could you please provide the name of the financial institution you are receiving this error message with? Also, does there happen to be an error code associated with the message that you could provide us with here, please?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• The account in question is Capital One. Also, the error does not provide an error code.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for the additional information.

This is actually a known issue that our teams are aware of and have opened an escalation ticket for with our service provider. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on a solution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available information and updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• J_P
    J_P Member
    I am having the exact same issue and it's been happening for a while as well, same deal, Cap One
  • Charlie M
    Charlie M Member
    Today, I received a quicken update, so I thought that I would try setting up the account again. The setup appeared to be different so I had hope. Quiken requested to connect to Capital one. Redirrected me to the capital one site to authorize the account. Received a successful authorization - Your accounts have been authorized successfully! You will now be redirected back to Quicken.. Nothing happened. Went back to quicken and received Sign on failed due to time out or connection error.
  • JSL
    JSL Member ✭✭
    Like many others, I've been unable to connect my Capital One accounts in Quicken. Followed all the previous suggestions, and nothing worked. So I just gave up until Quicken announced a fix. However, I noticed yesterday that when I did a "One Step Update", all transactions from maybe the last 60 days appeared. And today, it seems back to the way it should have been!
  • Charlie M
    Charlie M Member
    Thanks for your feedback. But I had deactivated my account and the Capital one account doesn't appear in the one step update. Tried again this morning to set up account. Everything looks as though it will work . I get a successful connection through capital one account, but, never redirects me back. Quicken then timeouts or can't make a connection?
This discussion has been closed.