Sync error with Navy Federal Credit Union

Old Fogey
Old Fogey Member
Getting same error. On top of which, Quicken simply stop recognizing my two NFCU accounts when trying to update; had to manually enter data after direct contact with NFCU. Its team convinced the problem lies with Quicken, not NFCU or my iMac app. When will Quicken's experts fix the problem???
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Old Fogey,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this and I understand that it can be frustrating.

In order to further assist you, I require some more information. What Quicken version are you using? You can see this by going to Quicken>About Quicken. What is the exact error that you are receiving and when does this error occur? If you would like to post a screenshot of the error with your response, that would be much appreciated. What do you mean when you say that Quicken stopped recognizing your accounts?

I look forward to hearing your response so I may better assist you towards a resolution.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Never$Again
    Never$Again Member ✭✭
    Since 2/28/2022, unable to connect/download to my 5 NFCU accounts. Disconnect/reconnect did not work. Only Quicken connect option available; direct connect option gray. Called NFCU and online access is enabled.
    - Quicken Deluxe Version 6.6.0 (Build 606.43140.100) on 3/2/2022, but this error began with the previous version. macOS 12.2.1
    - No error codes
    - I am able to sign in to access your account(s) without issues on NFCU's Online Banking website

This same situation happened a few weeks ago. After chatting with agent, connections resumed. Please fix this. Need your help!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Never$Again,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this error and I understand that it can be frustrating. 

To start with, I suggest deactivating the account(s) experiencing this error, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
    After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated 
    10. At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
    11. Wait for the list to finish updating and Updated: " displays the current date.
    12. Click the Show List button to continue
    13. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    14. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    15. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
    Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• Never$Again
    Never$Again Member ✭✭
    Jasmine: Thank you for your detailed recommendation. Each step was very clear and I followed each step exactly without any deviations. Upon updating, account links were successfully done, but no Navy Federal transactions were downloaded. I checked my NFCU website and it shows I have my (expected) deposits on 2/28 and a transation on 3/1. They are not downloaded into Quicken. I just entered a small inter-account transfer via the NFCU website which should clear by the end of the day (3/3). I will let you know tomorrow if it downloads once clear. Until then . . . :-)
  • Never$Again
    Never$Again Member ✭✭
    Jasmine: Good morning. NFCU would still not sync and there were transactions yesterday on the NFCU website. Other accounts (e.g., credit cards) sync fine. I think my Quicken is ok here and NFCU says they are ok. So, over to you to look into this further.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Never$Again,

Thank you for your thorough responses and for trying these troubleshooting steps with me! I am sorry that these did not work for you!

Next, what I suggest is creating a test file and adding the Navy Federal Credit Union accounts to see if the error still occurs. You can do this by going to File>New>Start from Scratch. Then from there, you will add your NFCU accounts. This will not affect your current data file. Once you are done with the test file, you can get back to your original data file by going to File>Open and then selecting your data file. 

Let me know once you have completed this, I look forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Never$Again
    Never$Again Member ✭✭
    NFCU accounts sync'd OK using the test file! :-) What now?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Never$Again,

Thank you for your response! I am glad to hear that the accounts synced properly in the test file!

Since the test file appears to be okay, what I suggest is restoring from a backup that was created before this error began to occur! You can do this by:

FIRST, SAVE A BACKUP! This is just to be safe in case an error was to occur. 
    1. In Quicken, select File > Restore from Backup...
    2. Browse your computer or external media to find the backup file you want to restore. The Quicken backup file has the extension .quicken2017backup or .quickenbackup.
    3. Select the file to restore.
    4. Click Choose.
    After restoring from a backup, you will need to reconnect your accounts. 

I have included a link to a support article that discusses saving backups and restoring from backups:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Never$Again
    Never$Again Member ✭✭
    Jasmine: I was on travel and had to postpone my reply. Picking up where we left off. The TEST account updates fine. My primary account does not. I am getgting err msgs that Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. I "tried again later" several times without success. There are times when I don't get to the NFCU 2FA - just goes right to the result which is no updates. I sent this to NFCU on 3/7 and asked them today 3/9 for status as I had not received a reply.
    ---
    Subject: QUICKEN Downloads stopped.
    Your Message 03/09/2022 : Can I get a status on this please?

Your Message 03/07/2022 : Good afternoon. My QUICKEN downloads have worked fine for a long time. About 2 weeks ago, QUICKEN Downloads stopped. I have discussed this with QUICKEN Support Staff and as part of the troubleshooting, they asked me to contact NFCU to confirm the interface with NFCU accounts is functioning properly. Please confirm that.
    Michael Sare

File Attachments
    File Type png Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 08.44.26.png (1.38 MB)
    File Type png Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 08.50.32.png (1.26 MB)
    ----

I just cannot understand why the TEST account downloads but my primary account does not.
    So Jasmine, what now?

Michael
  • Never$Again
    Never$Again Member ✭✭
    Jasmine: reply from NFCU today 3/10:
    Subject: QUICKEN Downloads stopped.
    Navy Federal Response 03/10/2022 : Thank you for using Navy Federal's eMessaging Service, Captain Sare. If using the One-Step Update, please disconnect the Navy Federal account then reconnect. We also suggest manually downloading the transactions through your Navy Federal account and then importing them into Quicken. If the issue persist, please contact Digital Services at 1-888-842-6328 weekdays, from 7:30 am to 1:00 am, or weekends, from 10:00 am to 1:00 am, Eastern time. Thank you.
    -----
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Never$Again,

Thank you for your thorough responses. I apologize that this error is still occurring. 

Since the downloads worked in the test file, that would mean that there is potentially some corruption in your current file causing this error. I suggest restoring from a backup that was created before this error occurred. You can do this by:

FIRST, SAVE A BACKUP! This is just to be safe in case an error was to occur. 
    1. In Quicken, select File > Restore from Backup...
    2. Browse your computer or external media to find the backup file you want to restore. The Quicken backup file has the extension .quicken2017backup or .quickenbackup.
    3. Select the file to restore.
    4. Click Choose.
    After restoring from a backup, you will need to reconnect your accounts. 

I have included a link to a support article that discusses saving backups and restoring from backups:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response

-Quicken Jasmine

• Never$Again
    Never$Again Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Jasmine. I'll try that again with an earlier backup. BUT, I am afraid I will have MANY dupes and reconciliations to do. I'll let you know.
    Michael
This discussion has been closed.