Duplicate entries

JoQuick
JoQuick Member
Duplicate entries - I input my transactions manually. I do have Quicken automatically enter into the transactions. I am not connected to any bank accounts etc. When I open Quicken it is a gamble if the transactions are all going to be duplicated or not. There is no commonality. Some trans are reconciled, some cleared, and some neither. Not always the same transactions either. OR my transactions will randomly disappear. Very frustrated. Anyone else having this trouble and is there a solution?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @JoQuick,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• herbepa1
    herbepa1 Member ✭✭✭
    "close the data log"... do you mean exit and close Quicken? Is there some other thing to do associated with closing the data log?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    herbepa1 said:
    "close the data log"... do you mean exit and close Quicken? Is there some other thing to do associated with closing the data log?
    The Data Log is a separate Notepad window that automatically pops open after the validation is completed. Per the instructions, you will close this data log/notepad window, then exit/close Quicken.

I hope this clarifies things for you! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.