anyone else still having sync problems with Schwab?

doug kittredge
doug kittredge Member ✭✭
I have never been able to since several Schwab 529 plans with quicken. I followed the discussion through December last year and did all the suggestions. While for awhile sync kept trying to link new accounts, that doesn't even happen any more.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I have never been able to since several Schwab 529 plans with quicken. I followed the discussion through December last year and did all the suggestions. While for awhile sync kept trying to link new accounts, that doesn't even happen any more.
    Hello @doug kittredge,  

I apologize for this issue with syncing on your Schwab 529 accounts. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention here on the Quicken Community.

I do have some questions regarding the situation before I can offer any recommendations for troubleshooting. What happens, exactly, when you experience difficulties connecting these accounts? Are you seeing any particular error messages? Also, what 'instance' or banking institution are you selecting from the list when you to try to link your accounts in Quicken?

I look forward to your reply and hope to work with you on this in the future, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • doug kittredge
    doug kittredge Member ✭✭
    I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with customer service. All that happened was he confirmed what I told him was correct. I had something I had to get to so I gave up at that point. I was getting an error (which I don't remember) originally, and it kept prompting to create or link accounts but never downloaded any transactions or valuations. Recently (a month or so?) it just completes the update with nothing happening with the 529s. I have finally deleted the accounts since nothing was downloading. Months ago I had deleted and let the system recreate the accounts a couple times with no result. I had tried multiple charles schwab bank options but none worked.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @doug kittredge,

Thank you for your thorough response. 

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you currently have running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    To start with, I suggest deactivating the account(s) experiencing this error, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
    After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated 
    10. At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
    11. Wait for the list to finish updating and Updated: " displays the current date.
    12. Click the Show List button to continue
    13. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    14. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    15. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
    Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• doug kittredge
    doug kittredge Member ✭✭
    followed all the instructions. in the relinkage to the schwab accounts it gave a checklist of all 4 accounts I have with them (checking, brokerage, 2 529s). It may have linked to the checking and brokerage ok but no new transactions as I had synced shortly before. the 2 529 plans still show $0. Interestingly, while I had deleted the previous 529 accounts in quicken, they showed the custom label I had put on them.
  • doug kittredge
    doug kittredge Member ✭✭
    Version 6.6.0 (Build 606.43140.100)
    macOS 11.6.4
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @doug kittredge,

Thank you for your thorough response and for trying those troubleshooting steps with me. However, I do apologize that they did not yield the best results. 

Next, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Schwab accounts to see if they return the same issues. You can do this by going to File>New>Start from Scratch. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• doug kittredge
    doug kittredge Member ✭✭
    that would seem to wipe out the history for all my accounts. it is not worth it.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @doug kittredge,

Thank you for your response. 

Creating a test file does not affect your main/active file in any way. We always recommend saving a backup when proceeding with any troubleshooting in the event that something decides to go haywire, then you still have all your data. However, that is just a safety protocol. The test file is completely separate from your main file, this is just part of a process to try and rule out what the error could be. 

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• doug kittredge
    doug kittredge Member ✭✭
    ok, got it and did it. both accounts show $0 in the new test file.
  • doug kittredge
    doug kittredge Member ✭✭
    After setting up the test file I ran into a new problem that I never had before. Now when I try to sync the non-529 accounts, checking and brokerage, it comes back with "Download Error (-32) ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND:324 Missing.

Needless to say I am rather frustrated.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @doug kittredge,

Thank you for your responses and for attempting these troubleshooting steps with me, although I am sorry that this error is still occurring. 

Due to this error still occurring within the test file and a new error now appearing, we do recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. This way, you can receive assistance in real-time and they may walk you through some troubleshooting steps. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.