Why aren't manual Transaction entries showing up in Portfolio view?

James R. Wilson
James R. Wilson Member ✭✭
This appeared after a backup restoration on a new computer. Also happened in a downloaded account but eventually self-corrected
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @James R. Wilson,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that this error occurred. 

You said that the error "eventually self-corrected", does this mean that you are no longer experiencing this error? Also, what version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by going to Quicken>About Quicken. 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• James R. Wilson
    James R. Wilson Member ✭✭
    I am running version12.2.1. Long story: After buying a new iMac and recently restoring a Quicken backup on it, I noticed that one brokerage account did not show two stocks in the Portfolio even though Transactions showed that they had been added. I worked on the problem without success but continued to do regular downloads. A couple of days later I saw that these stocks were now shown in the Portfolio view, whether corrected by the downloads or something else, I don't know. The current similar problem is in an "Other" type account that I use to track cattle purchases on my farm. Of course I manually enter all of these. Several recent (2021) purchases and sales are recorded in Transactions but do not show in Portfolio view. The latter shows only a few items from earlier years. Does this make sense to you?
This discussion has been closed.