Issue User Alert for Quicken Updates that have gone awry

jr_ece
jr_ece Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Installing and Updating
It seems like an Alert method/system would help ease user tensions when an update turns out to be faulty. I think this could be an email to users, a popup on Quicken launch, and immediate post on the community forums.

Here is an example situation that I think would have benefited from such an alert.
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909601/r39-17-r39-21-paycheck-corruption-edited/p1

As you can read, a lot of users discovered the issue and worked hours to get their data restored. I think many could have avoided the install with an appropriate notice. Thanks!
30 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what you are describing is the "Alerts, Online Banking & Known Product Issues" section of the Community here
    https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts

The issue you describe is there, but as you can see it was buried quite quickly among the online banking issues. I think it would be a good idea to put the banking issues in a separate section so the alerts and product issues get more prominence. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • jr_ece
    jr_ece Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the community will get behind an idea like this and push it up in votes.
  • George P
    George P Member ✭✭✭
    @jr_ece Where do I vote?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click on the up arrow below the vote count in the colored box at the bottom of the third post in the discussion
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Ron Varley
    Ron Varley Member ✭✭
    YES! This would be much appreciated and easier than looking through several different threads. I DO NOT UPDATE until I read about what folks here post. That is why I am still on R38.30. Voted!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ron Varley  R39.23  appears to be  quite stable. I'm been on it since early March without incident.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP