Why are manual registry entries automatically marked cleared now?

mrputtputt
mrputtputt Member ✭✭
This seems to happen 2 or 3 updates ago. I normally make manual registry entries and they get marked cleared when downloads take place, and then reconcile after reconciling.

Are there so much bugs introduced recently? Seems the software is going the craphole. this is happening on top of corrupting all my paycheck entries for the last 4 years. All paycheck entries now show as uncategorized but when I open them, the all have categories. little did i know the values are all wrong!

WTH is going on with the software development recently? they laid off all the experienced engineers?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is hard to understand your first issue. Could you explain in more detail please?

If you have entered transactions manually, it is normal for them to be marked Cleared when you download and accept matching transactions. There is a setting that controls whether downloaded transactions are accepted automatically or you get to review them one at a time. Is this what you are referring to? This setting is at Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions.

The issue with the splits in paychecks is discussed in this Alert
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909861/new-3-10-22-paycheck-wizard-issue-after-updating-to-r39-17-r39-21

QWin Premier subscription
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect you may be manually entering a memorized payee transaction marked as cleared.
  • mrputtputt
    mrputtputt Member ✭✭
    Jim, i'm referring to the transaction marked immediately as cleared when the manual entry to the registry is saved. I do expect it and normal behavior to be marked cleared after accepting a match to the download. But right off the bat w/o any download matching, it's marked cleared right away

Sherlock, it's not been that behavior before though. I'm familiar with memorized payees and usually maintain them. Having a memorized payee used in a manual registry entry didn't automatically get marked cleared before. Again, i noticed this in past few weeks and there's been a few updates.

there's also been more quirks i noticed. another one i'll share that happens, if you mark your registry as decending by date, and select uncategorized, it'll show one anyway even if it's categorized. The software has just been so bad and even more miffed now on my paycheck entries because it followed all the categories used when i changed jobs and applied it to the previous company I worked for (in those entries). grrrr
  • mrputtputt
    mrputtputt Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I think Sherlock is right. to test, I removed a memorized transaction. Then I manually put in the entry. it didn't go cleared right away of course. Then for another date (today) I made the same entry for the same payee and it dind't go cleared right away.

I'm suspecting that memorized payee was a reconciled or a cleared transaction when saved? oddly I've used this one many times among many other payees but somehow in the last few weeks things were saving as cleared.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Note that unlike the other settings, you can't see the "Mark as cleared" setting directly when viewing the Memorized Payee list.

You have to click Edit for the Payee and find the Mark as cleared checkbox next to the Amount. It is easy to miss.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.