Upgraded to 6.6.1 and can't download transactions or re-connect account

PW2
PW2 Member ✭✭
I accepted the 6.6.1 update today and now things are thoroughly fouled up, even after a couple of relaunches of Quicken.

I have transactions in my bank account from two days ago, so they should definitely be getting to Quicken by now. When multiple update requests failed to show them, I thought I'd disconnect and reconnect the account to see if that fixed the problem. But now I can't get reconnected. I choose the bank from Quicken's list, click Continue, and a window that says "Updating...please wait" appears for about two seconds. Then it goes away and there's just the bank selection screen again. Over and over... (I tried selecting three different banks and got the same problem, so it isn't specific to the bank.)

Where can I get 6.6.0 to reinstall?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @PW2

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

To start with, I suggest creating a test file to see if the same error occurs within it. You can do this by going to File>New>Start from Scratch then proceed to try and add an account. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• PW2
    PW2 Member ✭✭
    Hi, Jasmine.

That was a good idea. I was able to proceed through account setup with a new file. I stopped just before choosing the account and linking it, as I didn't want to have two files accessing the same account, lest that cause a problem.

I then reopened my usual Quicken file and tried again; same problem as before. So I guess something has gotten corrupted in that file? What is the best way to proceed?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @PW2,

Thank you for your response, I am happy to hear that this issue did not occur in the test file. 

Due to the test file not producing the error, I recommend restoring from a backup that was created before this error started occurring. Below, I have added instructions on how to do so:
    1. In Quicken, select File > Restore from Backup...
    2. Browse your computer or external media to find the backup file you want to restore. The Quicken backup file has the extension .quicken2017backup or .quickenbackup.
    3. Select the file to restore.
    4. Click Choose
    I have also included a link to a support article that discusses saving and restoring from backups in more detail:

https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• PW2
    PW2 Member ✭✭
    Hi, Jasmine.

I had to go back to a file called "Pre-migration," but that worked! I had to reconnect all my accounts (four) and re-enter the checks I'd written in the past couple of days, but Quicken is connecting to both institutions and got the most recent transactions at each. Cross fingers that this lasts!

And btw, many thanks to the Quicken developers for clearly labeling backups as "pre-migration," "post-update," etc. That made it easy to find the file from just before I switched to Quicken 6. Something must have gone a little haywire in that process. (Although I had been able to do one successful download. Weird.)
This discussion has been closed.