How do I disable/enable Quicken Check Pay?

When attempting to pay a bill in Check Pay [Removed-Disruptive] I get an error message "Check Pay account sync error. Restart Quicken and try again. If the problem persists, disable and re-enable Check Pay." I restarted Quicken and the computer but that didn't help. How do I disable and re-enable Check Pay?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @o2bndair,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

In order to disable Check Pay, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click the Gear icon on the top-right, then select Payment Accounts from the dropdown menu (see below).

Then, select the payment account you wish to disable and click Disable (see below).

Please, keep in mind that once you re-enable the account, you will need to Begin Verification for Check Pay again. If needed, please refer to this support article for instructions on how to (re-)set up Quick Pay and Check Pay.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• I have the same problem, but when I tried to enable I received the message " bill payer service did not respond"
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried the appropriate Review and Repair options (see the first image above)?
    Have you recently enabled a VPN?
    If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.

Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
    Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.

• Thanks!!! Review and Repair seems to have fixed the issue.
This discussion has been closed.