Transactions Disappear

Options
Mike Kramer
Mike Kramer Member ✭✭
On a bi-weekly basis, through Bank of America, I move monies from my checking account to various 'envelope' accounts - Auto Repair, Vacation, Miscellaneous, and a College Fund. These scheduled transfers occur on every other Friday. I reconcile my accounts each Saturday. Without fail, upon reconciliation I find that Quicken either moves the correct amount of money to a different account or eliminates one or more previously reconciled transfers. In some cases I see transfers from one of the envelope accounts to another - something I don't regularly do, if ever.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On a bi-weekly basis, through Bank of America, I move monies from my checking account to various 'envelope' accounts - Auto Repair, Vacation, Miscellaneous, and a College Fund. These scheduled transfers occur on every other Friday. I reconcile my accounts each Saturday. Without fail, upon reconciliation I find that Quicken either moves the correct amount of money to a different account or eliminates one or more previously reconciled transfers. In some cases I see transfers from one of the envelope accounts to another - something I don't regularly do, if ever.

Any thoughts?
    Hello @Mike Kramer,   

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with transactions moving between accounts or disappearing altogether. Thank you for taking the opportunity to bring this before the Quicken Community for further assistance.

Are noticing that the transactions are missing only in the Reconcile window, or in the account registers, as well? Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show "(File Name Will be Listed Here)" in Finder. Be sure that the file is being stored locally on your MacHD and not on an external storage device or cloud-based service, as housing it in the latter locations can cause erratic program behavior.

I look forward to any reply you may be able to provide, and hope to work with you on this issue in the future, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Mike Kramer
    Mike Kramer Member ✭✭
    Options
    The transactions are missing from the Register itself. And I store the file locally on my hard drive. It has been a week since writing and while reconciling this morning, the exact same thing occurred. Transactions, specifically transfers I had in my register last week are now gone and I am going through the accounts in order to reconcile. My 'out of balance' items are always transfers between accounts which BOA show accurately.
  • Mike Kramer
    Mike Kramer Member ✭✭
    Options
    One other observation - this morning I noticed that the previously entered transfer entries had to be deleted and re-entered in order to reconcile. The entries were showing properly on both sides of the ledgers. Very confusing.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Mike Kramer,

Thank you for your thorough responses, this truly helps aid us in working towards a resolution. 

Could you please create a test file and add the Bank of America account(s) and then attempt a transfer and go through the same process that you do in your main/active file to see if this same error occurs in the test file? You can create a test file by going to File>New>Start from Scratch.

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Mike Kramer
    Mike Kramer Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have done this and the exact same thing occurs. If I use yesterday as an example, transfers I have added for 2/18 seem to disappear and need to be re-added. This seems to only occur with one transfer account.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Mike Kramer,

Thank you for your response and for attempting these troubleshooting steps with me. 

Due to the error still occurring in the test file, I recommend contacting Quicken Support for further assistance as they may provide troubleshooting steps in real-time or escalate the situation if needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I do apologize that I could not be of further assistance. 
    Have a great Sunday!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.