Duplicate Entries in Tax Summary _401Contrib

BryanK
BryanK Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Hello I had to manually fix some year-to-date paycheck transactions in checking register. This seems to have created duplicate entries in 401Contrib for each paycheck in the Tax Summary Report. I found this thread:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7870443/tax-reports-twice-the-same-401contrib-how-to-fix-it

... but I can't find the "Tax impact of 401(k) accounts" as mentioned in the solution. How to remove duplicate entries? Thanks

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @BryanK,

Thank you for contacting the Community with these questions. 

First, I do recommend that you save a backup, just in case. You can do this by pressing Ctrl and B.

There are a few different ways that you can access the "Tax Impact of 401(k) Accounts" register. One way that you can do this is by creating a temporary transaction in an account using the category: [Tax Impact of 401(k) Accounts], then you would right-click on the transaction that you just made, and then select 'Go to matching transfer'Once you are there, you can then select the duplicate entry and delete it by pressing Ctrl and D.

I hope this helps, please let me know how this goes. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• BryanK
    BryanK Member ✭✭
    Thanks I was able to remove duplicate. Also in the Tax Planner my projected salary is overstated as a result of my edits. Is there a similar hidden category used by the planner where I can also fix entries?
  • BryanK
    BryanK Member ✭✭
    Please disregard the planner seems to have corrected itself
  • BryanK
    BryanK Member ✭✭
    Also in case someone finds this page and is having same issue, [Tax Impact of 401(k) Accounts] is NOT a selectable category in the drop-down even if you have "show hidden categories" checked. You need to enter (or paste) the actual text [Tax Impact of 401(k) Accounts] in the category field
This discussion has been closed.