Generating Standard reports on Quicken Mac 2015

Janell
Janell Member
'Using Quicken 2007 0n a Mac running Sierra Using Quicken 2007 0n a Mac running Sierra 10.12.6'

I posted the above question about running quicken 2007 with the new Mac OS. Since then I realized I already owned Quicken 15 for my Mac. I have figured out how to import my accounts and it seems to be working. I now realize why I did not start using it a few years ago. I can not figure out how to run the standard reports for our small farm taxes. I run standard reports for our different expenses (feed, seed, gas....) and income (seed sold, eggs sold....) categories each year for our taxes. Can anyone help me figure this out on Quicken 15? I only use Quicken as a checkbook register, it is not connected to my banks or used online.
Plus side, I think I am safe updating my OS now.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken 2015 was the first version of the next-generation Quicken for Mac. The reports capability in Quicken 2015 was very limited. (It's one of the reasons I didn't move from Quicken 2007 to the modern Quicken Mac until several years later.) The developers have completely re-written the reports engine in the program, and he reports functionality in Quicken Mac today is significantly better than it was in Quicken 2015.

I cannot tell you whether the reports in the current version will fully meet your needs because I don't know the specifics and wrinkles of what reports you need. You might consider purchasing a current subscription to Quicken; if you find it doesn't meet your needs, you can get a refund within 30 days of purchase. However, to install and run the current Quicken Mac, you would need to update your computer's operating system to at least High Sierra, or anything later than that.

In terms of trying to get reports you need with your Quicken 2015, can you describe what you're doing and what isn't working? In general, you would scroll down in the left sidebar to the bottom, where you'll see a Reports section. Click on Category Summary as the report type. When the report opens, click the Customize button in the upper right corner, and then you can configure the report. Select the date range you want (such as This Year or Last Year or specific dates). Then you can click on the Categories tab to specify if you want a report of all categories or just certain selected categories. Click OK and the report will recalculate. On the right side, use the "Update view to show me" dropdown menu to switch between "Details for all categories" (a transaction report showing each individual transaction within each category) or "A summary of all categories" (a summary report by category).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Janell
    Janell Member
    Thank you. I figured out the customize feature. I think I can get our reports now.
  • Janell
    Janell Member
    One more question. Can I install macOS Monterey and still be able to use Quicken 15?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Janell said:
    One more question. Can I install macOS Monterey and still be able to use Quicken 15?
    See my reply to that question in the other thread you posted about it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.