Why doesn't the category Federal estimated tax, qtrly show my January payment in the tax report

rputtick
rputtick Member
edited April 2022 in Reports (Mac)
I see that this question was asked by others then closed. I'm running Mac subsrciption version and the payment is correctly assigned to this category but does not appear on my tax report for the year.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are posting in the Windows froum but the same answer should apply to both Windows and Mac.

The January estimated tax payment does not show in Quicken's tax reports for the current year because it is credited to the previous year's taxes.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or do you mean it doesn't show in the previous year tax report?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• rputtick
    rputtick Member
    Yes, I meant that it does not show in the previous year's report; as it should.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have requested that this discussion be moved to Mac Reports.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quickest workaround (pun intended) I can think of is to put a date of 12/31/21 on the transaction, even if you paid in January.
    I don't know if Q Mac has program code to assign tax years to transactions using certain Tax categories.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken Mac does not have anything to assign a payment made in January 2022 to the 4th quarter of 2021. I agree with @UKR: just date the transaction on 12/31/21 if you want to show if on a tax report for 2021. It won't affect your bank reconciliation for December, because it was an "outstanding check" as of December 31.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.