Answers

• sehumphrey
    sehumphrey Member
    Options
    oops EWC is connected,,,
  • dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    Options
    DCU did warn us all in email that we should sync up before 1-March. ...but they didn't mention anything about removing a useful download and what to expect once they sorted things out.

Quicken Classic Premier R55.26 on Windows10 now. I started with MYM (Managing Your Money) on DOS

• &Tiffany
    &Tiffany Member
    Options
    Unable to connect with Express Web Connect. Which financial institution name did you select with success? "Digital Federal Credit Union Old", "Digital Federal Credit Union Credi", or "Digital Federal Credit Union - Bus"? I'm using the Quicken Windows Subscription version with Home, Business & Rental Property.
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @&;Tiffany
    Since the change that occurred yesterday, there is only one choice - "Digital Federal Credit Union Old".
    Before that, there were the 3 choices, so I don't know why you aren't seeing the change yet.
  • hhmorgan
    hhmorgan Member
    Options
    Express Connect today sent a message during login to get a challenge # sent to my choice of phones on my account. After entering challenge # it appears the connection was made although no data was yet updated for my 4 accounts. One Step Update Summary now says Online balances $xxx as of 3/10/2022. No new transaction downloaded.

Some progress from the original error code. I expect this will be working sometime in the future.
  • ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay, this is gonna be a little long. Started a new data file with no accounts. Added DCU as the account. It connected and downnloaded my accounts, I have 4-2 chking, 2 savings and 1 loan. they downloaded with just the opening balance but that was correct.
    2) went back/opened original data file, deactivated all 5 accounts, I did, possibly wrong, added new account, added DCU, DCU got added and went through linking to existing accounts. 2 or 3 times had to entrer code sent. It downloaded sucessfully (sort of). Viewed my accounts and balances were way off. Going back to beginging of each, starting balances had changed. Installed my BACK UP from yesterday which I had physically cleared accounts and new it was correct with bank. Did the deactivate accunts thing again, added new account (DCU) and after loading was careful to link existing accounts. After 'successful download' balances were off again BUT went to opening balances, changed to the ones from before download (write them down) and register on all accounts are correct. Did another download but although no errors, I had nothing to download, maybe later. Hope this works. FYI still dont't see a QFX file on DCU web page.
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @BOB139
    I did not update Quicken - same version as you.
  • dsm1212
    dsm1212 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about the starting entry. Would have taken me a while to find that. So I got to the same point. I made a transfer from checking to savings and did an update. The update completed without errors, but did not download the transaction. DCU told me this is entirely in quicken's hands to fix this except once they have it working dcu will add back the qfx web connect link on the account pages. They don't want to put it up until quicken is working.
  • Quser3758
    Quser3758 Member
    Options
    Same issue. I added a "new account" for DCU. Was able to connect with an opening balance but no transactions downloaded. Does Quicken have an update on when this will be corrected?
  • ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    No idea if there even working on it. Some input from Q would be helpful. Tried downloading again, went through all the motions, "download successful" but nothing came down.
  • Rhonda03
    Rhonda03 Member
    Options
    My account synced but as other are saying, my new transactions did not update. I just love it when a company feels they need to fix something that ain't broke!
  • ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ditto-not updating. A little input from Q as to a game plan would be appreciated.
  • thenew3
    thenew3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mine synced last night. It didn't download any new transactions (there are new transactions since it last successfully synced on 3/7/2022) and it also show the balances on all 3 accounts are way off. i.e. it showed my credit card balance as having 29000 in credit when the real balance is $0.
  • joezeppelin
    joezeppelin Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @thenew3 said:
    > Mine synced last night. It didn't download any new transactions (there are new transactions since it last successfully synced on 3/7/2022) and it also show the balances on all 3 accounts are way off. i.e. it showed my credit card balance as having 29000 in credit when the real balance is $0.

My balances were off as well. I had to adjust the Opening Balance - Amount at the top of the registry.

Still no new transactions downloading and I've had to re-validate every day, i.e. get a text or email code from DCU when I Update my accounts in Quicken.
  • Roland B
    Roland B Member ✭✭
    Options
    I’m a new Quicken Premier user since March 11 2022. My Bank is Digital Credit Union (DCU)

The link I used to link to DCU is “Digital Federal Credit Union Old" link using selecting Advanced Options, Express Web Connect.

As everyone else has reported transactions are not downloading.

Today March 12, I downloaded the latest Quicken update Version R39 R39.23 (Mar, 2022). No change, transactions are not downloading.

I have reported the problem to Quicken and DCU March 12. I do expect to get a response from DCU, hopefully next week.
  • mafetter
    mafetter Member
    Options
    Same problem as reported above. Able to authenticate and download account balances via the "DCU ... old" financial institution, but cannot download any new transactions.
  • kenqb
    kenqb Member
    Options
    - existing download functionality broken
    - offer CSV only download option, which is NOT in correct MINT format which renders the download useless in Quicken.

Just absolutely mind boggling failure.

I actually wrote a script to convert the DCU file to a correctly formatted MINT CSV and was able to get the transactions in Quicken in useable format, but that ONLY WORKS FIRST TIME and subsequent downloads create new Accounts. :flushed: :mask: :angry:
  • Tony Priborsky
    Options
    My accounts went through the transition last week. I've was one of the founding members of DCU (my name was on a plaque in the branch at DEC in Colorado Springs). DCU in the info packet said that the "personal financial" tools were going to be broken. They didn't say how long. They've disabled Quicken totally. (1) you can't pull transactions from Quicken and (2) You can't export (push) transactions from the DCU web site to your quicken app. This isn't the first time they've broken quicken. Years ago when I first tried downloading instead of typing each transaction in (which was probably 10 years ago) the download info was useless - all transaction info was placed in the "memo" slot in the register. Then at some point they made the register "payee" be meaningful. Now you can download only excel csv, but all of the transaction info is in one field, and the payee is in the middle. It totally destroyed my data mining using excel... This is DCU's fault, not Quicken. Complain to them. I will.

I don't understand why they forced us away from member number. A million people know my name. Only my wife and daughters know my badge number (and then only because their member numbers were a derivative of mine). Furthermore the navigation is anything but intuitive.

Sigh...
  • dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    My member number was my badge number. A whole lot more than my family knew my badge number.. it was not a very safe identifier for ex-DECcies. Although I must admit, it was a lot more obscure than using an email or a name for a username, for example, which are easily guessed.

Quicken Classic Premier R55.26 on Windows10 now. I started with MYM (Managing Your Money) on DOS

• mistymoney
    mistymoney Member
    Options
    My quicken download is also broken. I dont' understand why in the world DCU would go live WITHOUT this connectivity. DCU says they don't have any estimate on when it would be fixed.

I don't know if, at this point, this is totally DCU issue, or if the changes need to happen on the Quicken side (ie accepting the new username vs. member number as valid login)? I even asked customer service for the name of the CTO at DCU and the customer service person could not provide it (I know I can look it up). DCU needs to hear your dissatisfaction.

I also am a 40+year member of DCU - and I"ve been very happy... until now.
    misty
  • rncolon2022
    rncolon2022 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Today I did the below. I use the windows subscription and before doing either I made a backup.

1) Deactivated my accounts
    a) Setup my online access and linked it back to the existing entry in Quicken
    b) After several verification codes my accounts updated. But did it in fact? Well no, I only had data up to the end of January and the balances were wrong. Not good, of course. I attempted step 2.

2) Deleted the accounts
    a) I added the accounts back in
    b) Ran an update
    c) Only have an opening balance, which is interestingly correct. But no older entries, transactions
    were downloaded. Why?

I see this mainly as a DCU issue, and a big failure, since they should be aware of the number of members that use third party financial tools to retrieve their data and the impact of not having said access to us. I will survive, but this is unacceptable. This should have been tested, vetted and all informed how long it might be offline, not a vague, "..there will be access issues using third party tools..", especially after the pandemic. I assume many members started to use online tools that had not in the past.

I am going to do a few atm, POS transactions to see if they are downloaded in the next few days. More to follow.
  • rncolon2022
    rncolon2022 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @rncolon2022 said:
    > Today I did the below. I use the windows subscription and before doing either I made a backup.
    >
    > 1) Deactivated my accounts
    > a) Setup my online access and linked it back to the existing entry in Quicken
    > b) After several verification codes my accounts updated. But did it in fact? Well no, I only had data up to the end of January and the balances were wrong. Not good, of course. I attempted step 2.
    >
    > 2) Deleted the accounts
    > a) I added the accounts back in
    > b) Ran an update
    > c) Only have an opening balance, which is interestingly correct. But no older entries, transactions
    > were downloaded. Why?
    >
    > I see this mainly as a DCU issue, and a big failure, since they should be aware of the number of members that use third party financial tools to retrieve their data and the impact of not having said access to us. I will survive, but this is unacceptable. This should have been tested, vetted and all informed how long it might be offline, not a vague, "..there will be access issues using third party tools..", especially after the pandemic. I assume many members started to use online tools that had not in the past.
    >
    > I am going to do a few atm, POS transactions to see if they are downloaded in the next few days. More to follow.

It is ironic the first three sentences in the DCU, "Digital Banking Conversion Guide" page, are.

"Since 1979, we’ve known that digital is the future. Not only is it in our name. It’s in our company DNA."
  • Purushottam Sane
    Options
    > @rncolon2022 said:
    > > @rncolon2022 said:
    > > Today I did the below. I use the windows subscription and before doing either I made a backup.
    > >
    > > 1) Deactivated my accounts
    > > a) Setup my online access and linked it back to the existing entry in Quicken
    > > b) After several verification codes my accounts updated. But did it in fact? Well no, I only had data up to the end of January and the balances were wrong. Not good, of course. I attempted step 2.
    > >
    > > 2) Deleted the accounts
    > > a) I added the accounts back in
    > > b) Ran an update
    > > c) Only have an opening balance, which is interestingly correct. But no older entries, transactions
    > > were downloaded. Why?
    > >
    > > I see this mainly as a DCU issue, and a big failure, since they should be aware of the number of members that use third party financial tools to retrieve their data and the impact of not having said access to us. I will survive, but this is unacceptable. This should have been tested, vetted and all informed how long it might be offline, not a vague, "..there will be access issues using third party tools..", especially after the pandemic. I assume many members started to use online tools that had not in the past.
    > >
    > > I am going to do a few atm, POS transactions to see if they are downloaded in the next few days. More to follow.
    >
    > It is ironic the first three sentences in the DCU, "Digital Banking Conversion Guide" page, are.
    >
    > "Since 1979, we’ve known that digital is the future. Not only is it in our name. It’s in our company DNA."

well, they got their name because of the company that started it. I haven't found them to be any better than others in digital technology. The old bill payer platform was mediocre at best; until it worked. Recently it stopped eBills from providers like National Grid.

I am going to give them a few more days (because of my loyalty to them for over 25 years). If they cannot rectify quicken download, I am going to move somewhere else (don't know yet; but probably another credit union).
  • dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    Options
    "Thank you for your email with regard to Quicken and your DCU membership. My apologies for the delayed response to your email. We are aware of the issue related to integrating Quicken with individual memberships, on the new Digital Banking platform. As you might have seen in the Quicken community discussions, the change that is required actually needs to occur on Quickens side, and we have seen progress in that area with some members being able to get Quicken connected.

Although we cannot guarantee any time frames, as to when Quicken will have this resolved for all DCU members that use Quicken, we understand that they have escalated this within their organization and are aggressively working towards a resolution.

DCU does have many members who have utilized this Quicken resource, and we are also hoping for a fairly quick resolution to this issue. As a valued long time member, I hope that you will bear with us for a bit longer while this gets resolved.

Thank you for being a DCU member, I hope you have a great day."

• LenSe
    LenSe Member ✭✭
    Options
    dhcernese, The statement DCU sent you was BS. When they called me, in response to my reaching out to the DCU BOD member, she admitted that DCU never intended to be usable with Quicken and they didn't know that anyone even used Quicken. By then, they were getting a lot of negative feedback from DCU members via social media. So this forced them to look at the problem. Seems to me that the real problem is at DCU and meanwhile they are telling people that Quicken has to fix it! Unreal.

Also a ex-DECcie here (Millrat) and I liked it when I could walk next door to PKO3 and talk with DCU management plus DCU BOD members were on the notesfiles. We could get things done. Now we're dealing with a huge conglomerate which isn't truly connected with their members.
  • HJH Consult
    HJH Consult Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am also failing to connect to my DCU accounts but getting error code CC-800 saying that the DCU accounts are deleted. No, they are still there. I checked.

I wrote the following message to Sarah L., Support Team Lead, at dcu@dcu.org but have received no answer yet.

Dear Sarah L:

After my failed attempt to download my checking transactions and writing you about the problem, I checked the Quicken User Group postings and found the hate-mail (pasted below) about DCU's apparent decision to kill web downloads to Quicken.

From the comments, you will be losing many members from this very bad decision to eliminate download capability. I will probably be one of them because of my dependence upon Quicken to manage my financial details which extend far beyond DCU. I need an online transaction bank to manage my day-to-day and seamlessly report to Quicken what has transpired in order to support my financial decision-making process.

Your management needs to reinstate Quicken downloads or I am taking my business elsewhere.

Regards,

Me again... why is some ivory tower person always making decisions which make my life more difficult???
  • gerrynelson
    gerrynelson Member
    Options
    Any updates? I still cannot connect.
This discussion has been closed.