DCU Login Failing after DCU website update

Options

Answers

• HJH Consult
    HJH Consult Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi. They are fixing certain specific problems like Money Market accounts not showing up in the linking window, but pretty sure they wouldn't do a user-based rollout... just plowing through a prioritized punch list of bugs.

I was able to make mine link and download again by using a methodology I learned during a similar problem with Schwab a few months back... I'll try to describe the steps...

1. Need to have one corresponding account in Quicken of the appropriate type for each account at DCU to catch the transaction downloads.
    2. Visit each account information window and deactivate the account for downloads on the 2nd tab and delete any mention of DCU and account numbers on the 1st tab. Needs to be deactivated first so you can make the name and acct no. fields blank, second. Also, I'll tweak the nickname on the first tab to be short and unique to make it easy to find in the linking dialog list and later in the list of accounts usually down the left side of the Quicken screen.
    3. Take any DCU account and click on activate. Type at the top of the institution selection windoow "Digital Federal Credit Union" and you will probably see 4 choices listed. I used the one at the bottom which did not have the "old" suffix.
    4. Type in your new user name and password (must also work when logging onto the DCU website) and check save password if you use the vault thing.
    5. Hit next and Quicken should go off and find your accounts at DCU and come back with a list that populates the left side of the linking window. In this window, you make pull-down and list selections to indicate to which DCU account on the left you want each of your Quicken registers associated with from the nickname list on the right. Make sure you indicate at the right not to link an account which may show up like your wife's or your childs' if you are not going to be downloading that one.
    6. Hit next and Quicken should finish the connection setup. I can't remember if it will drag transactions in during this process or if you need to specifically request an update after finishing the linking process.

Good luck. I hope this was helpful. It worked for me.
  • HJH Consult
    HJH Consult Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    childrens'... I'm an engineer...
  • scott47
    scott47 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well, things seem to be either back to normal or getting closer....so I'm not mad anymore. The multi-factor authentication is annoying, but I'll take that over nothing.

In my opinion, the bigger problem was we all have so much going on; we really didn't need this. There is war, there is covid, there is life in 2022, so please don't take something that actually works, and replace it with something that doesn't work at all....especially when it's related to my MONEY! And then DCU added insult to injury with inconsistent messages and showing no real concern for the problems that this was causing.

But now I forgive them. It will take a while (probably 3 weeks or so) and I'll forget this even happened. I'll love DCU again. But unfortunately, now, our relationship has changed. I'm afraid it's now more like my relationship with Comcast. I love Comcast...until the very first moment that I think that I might possibly have to deal with them--for any reason. As soon that happens, my hate comes right back and my resentment explodes! For Comcast, it takes about 8 months for me to forget, so I think 3 weeks is appropriate for DCU :-)
  • sims25
    sims25 Member
    Options
    So is everybody able to download transactions?

Here is what I did and that caused transactions to download once. I disconnected the online account and then reconnected the account using the new DCU connection. I have many accounts so the reconnection was tedious because I did not want to "misconnect".

With that said, now it asks for double authentication however once again does not download any transactions. :(
  • dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    Options
    I thought I'd give it a shot.. ..I gave up when my authentication code never arrived to my phone

Quicken Classic Premier R55.26 on Windows10 now. I started with MYM (Managing Your Money) on DOS

• pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @dhcernese said:
    > I thought I'd give it a shot.. ..I gave up when my authentication code never arrived to my phone

I'm having the same problem. I have to direct the authentication code to my email address, instead of my phone. Also, I have to authenticate twice every time I download. Clearly, there are 2 bugs here.
  • Purushottam Sane
    Options
    on day 3. so far so good. But are we expected to do 2 factor authentication every time? That's going to be bummer
  • HJH Consult
    HJH Consult Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @pkeegan
    @dhcernese

Not sending a code to your cell text #????

I have a complaint into DCU because when I select my cell number to send an authentication code, my wife calls down the stairs and asks if I want the code DCU just sent to her phone!!

I have been using my email for codes until they unscramble the text cell number thing... grrrr
  • HJH Consult
    HJH Consult Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @BOB139

I'll spend some time with your description of the problem when I get back to my desk. Interesting. I have several instances of every type of account so I do not understand why DCU/Quicken would not provide all of my DCU accounts for linking to my Quicken registers. My linking dialog is attached with my DCU Money Market account missing from the left side of the window... not included to be selected for linking?!?!? The DCU rep said it was a DCU problem and entered a trouble ticket for my call. This is unbelievable!
  • NickB15
    NickB15 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @HJH Consult said:
    > @BOB139
    >
    > I'll spend some time with your description of the problem when I get back to my desk. Interesting. I have several instances of every type of account so I do not understand why DCU/Quicken would not provide all of my DCU accounts for linking to my Quicken registers. My linking dialog is attached with my DCU Money Market account missing from the left side of the window... not included to be selected for linking?!?!? The DCU rep said it was a DCU problem and entered a trouble ticket for my call. This is unbelievable!
    >
    >

@BOB139 -- You have the same situation as I do regarding multiple Savings accounts ending in the same four digits (in your case xxx6904). There is no rhyme or reason to the order in which they are presented in the Add Account window shown in your attachment. I've had this problem for years. How do you know which Quicken account goes with which DCU account? There should be an option to see the full account number or at least the account balance.
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @NickB15 said:
    > > @HJH Consult said:
    > > @BOB139
    > >
    > > I'll spend some time with your description of the problem when I get back to my desk. Interesting. I have several instances of every type of account so I do not understand why DCU/Quicken would not provide all of my DCU accounts for linking to my Quicken registers. My linking dialog is attached with my DCU Money Market account missing from the left side of the window... not included to be selected for linking?!?!? The DCU rep said it was a DCU problem and entered a trouble ticket for my call. This is unbelievable!
    > >
    > >
    >
    > @BOB139 -- You have the same situation as I do regarding multiple Savings accounts ending in the same four digits (in your case xxx6904). There is no rhyme or reason to the order in which they are presented in the Add Account window shown in your attachment. I've had this problem for years. How do you know which Quicken account goes with which DCU account? There should be an option to see the full account number or at least the account balance.

I went through this pain too. To see the full account number, I had to use the DCU app or go to dcu.org and go to ‘Accounts’. From there, select an account, select ‘Details’, then click on ‘Show’ (or the information icon) to reveal the full number.
  • AnnoyedQuickAddict
    Options
    Many thanks to all of you who urged Quicken to once again make connecting DCU accounts tolerable, and who described in detail what process worked for you.
  • NickB15
    NickB15 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @pkeegan said:
    > > @NickB15 said:
    > > > @HJH Consult said:
    > > > @BOB139
    > > >
    > > > I'll spend some time with your description of the problem when I get back to my desk. Interesting. I have several instances of every type of account so I do not understand why DCU/Quicken would not provide all of my DCU accounts for linking to my Quicken registers. My linking dialog is attached with my DCU Money Market account missing from the left side of the window... not included to be selected for linking?!?!? The DCU rep said it was a DCU problem and entered a trouble ticket for my call. This is unbelievable!
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > > @BOB139 -- You have the same situation as I do regarding multiple Savings accounts ending in the same four digits (in your case xxx6904). There is no rhyme or reason to the order in which they are presented in the Add Account window shown in your attachment. I've had this problem for years. How do you know which Quicken account goes with which DCU account? There should be an option to see the full account number or at least the account balance.
    >
    > I went through this pain too. To see the full account number, I had to use the DCU app or go to dcu.org and go to ‘Accounts’. From there, select an account, select ‘Details’, then click on ‘Show’ (or the information icon) to reveal the full number.

I may have misstated the issue. I already know the full account numbers. To quote my post from March 17:

In years past when issues occurred that required disconnecting and reconnecting downloads, I would run into a problem during the reconnection process. At the point where accounts are listed [in the Add Account screen in Quicken], one is asked to choose between three actions: "Add," "Link," or "Ignore." Unfortunately, either DCU or Quicken truncates the account numbers with no option to see the full account numbers. My member number contained seven digits; the member numbers for my wife and daughters were nine digits: two prefix digits plus my member number. The final four digits for all of us are the same, so there is no way to know to which account one is linking.

Has anyone figured out how to resolve this issue? I just know it's going to happen when I attempt to reconnect our accounts after this current issue is resolved.

Quicken Deluxe for Mac Version 6.6.2 (Build 606.43218.100)
    macOS 10.15.7
  • knuthvol4
    knuthvol4 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @NickB15 - I did it by trial and error.  I had to do it 4-5 times to finally get it right.  I won't be deactivating it again !

What makes it worse is that each time the order is different than the time before.  So, the only choice is to randomly try it.

And, I also tried giving the DCU account a unique nickname on the DCU web site.  This did not work...

Larry
  • ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    You have to talk to a DCU rep and they can change the account name, with some restrictions.
  • Bstafford14
    Bstafford14 Member
    Options
    Just to let you know i have received my transactions from digital Federal Credit union as of 4/1/22.
  • NickB15
    NickB15 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @ATC said:
    > You have to talk to a DCU rep and they can change the account name, with some restrictions.

The account name (like the balance) is not presented in the Add Account window, so that would not solve the problem.
  • HJH Consult
    HJH Consult Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    To agree with an earlier mentioned solution.. I had to guess initially.. no way to know whether "Savings xxx6904" represented my Primary Savings account or my Advantage account! I got lucky the first time! But why can't DCU recognize this issue which they could easily reconcile by using the share descriptor, S1 and S2?????
  • ncovitz
    ncovitz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Another bug? I have a bunch of periodic, usually monthly, transfers between accounts/sub-accounts. Most are from my DCU checking to several DCU savings sub-accounts (maybe these are officially 'member described'?). I noticed after my xfers for April 1st, which did get processed... DCU set the 'next' scheduled monthly xfer for most of them to 5/20 instead of 5/1. Not a clue why - I was able to edit them to reset to the date I want (hey, first of the month should not be difficult for them to figure out...), but wanted to warn folks in case anyone else uses the Scheduled Payments for similar transactions. Check the dates in the SPs :)
  • dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    Options
    I decided to try. Here's my experience. I had previously deactivated when this mess started and have been waiting for stability. I went through setup (didn't have to choose a financial institution).

I could match accounts (enough of the names and numbers showed for me to know which was which) except for the home equity loan that comes through as an actual "loan" whereas the previous DCU never handled that correctly. So I needed to let it create a new account because there was nothing to match it to. However, there's a huge downside. New loan accounts pushed from a financial institution do not show transactions or a transaction register. So I learned about this (which I have yet to do): https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7164936/faq-how-do-i-convert-a-loan-account-that-automatically-downloads-transactions-to-a-manual-entry-sc

Otherwise, I noticed it does fudge the opening balances, but in all cases it was correctly matching the closing balance!

However.. my DCU Visa: every payment back to the beginning of 2022 shows as a charge! They were easily identified, so I just deleted them all and that matched too. I don't know what they'll look like going forward, we'll see.

I never got my onetime authentication to my phone; so I used email and that arrived quickly; although I had to supply it once to connect and once to update. I'm not looking forward to requiring that for every update.

Quicken Classic Premier R55.26 on Windows10 now. I started with MYM (Managing Your Money) on DOS

• LenSe
    LenSe Member ✭✭
    Options
    How to Make DCU Work with Quicken. NOTE: I only have savings, checking and a money market account at DCU. No loans or credit cards, and I don't have DCU paying my bills, so I have no idea of any issues (or not) for those features.

Here are some steps I took to get DCU to work with Quicken again and some things that I have found that are still broken. I met with a branch manager yesterday (she's a Quicken user) and she promised to push the issues up to higher management. She agreed that DCU can do a much better job communicating with their customers.

What worked:
    I made a backup and saved my existing Quicken file. I then created a new Quicken file and selected DCU (just plain Digital Federal Credit Union not any of the other DCU options).
    It then asked me to choose how to get the code for 2FA (see what didn’t work below). When I gave up on text message and chose Email, I received the code and it worked.
    It downloaded all transactions from January 2nd on my accounts.
    It is not asking for 2FA for subsequent transaction downloads.

What doesn’t work right:
    Check numbers are not downloaded. For many this may be a major headache.
    Money market account is setup as a checking account and can’t be changed unless I manually create it (maybe). I can live with this.
    2FA was supposed to send me a code to my cellphone via text message. I never received it. I tried twice and gave up on that approach. Choosing Email worked. NOTE: I just tried logging in to DCU from a different browser on my desktop and it sent the code to my cellphone, so whatever links the 2FA code-sender from Quicken’s setup seems broken (but Email works).
  • LenSe
    LenSe Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Duplicate]
  • Purushottam Sane
    Options
    I am so frustrated with this whole experience. I finally got DCU to sync but now it has removed categorization of all my transactions. This is beyond frustrating.
  • dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Purushottam Sane somehow quicken has all my merchants and categorization correct though!

• Purushottam Sane
    Options
    I track all the details in the paycheck. now I find that it only did a net pay overwriting the entries already there.
  • VAUser 222
    VAUser 222 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @scott47 said:
    > Well, things seem to be either back to normal or getting closer....so I'm not mad anymore. The multi-factor authentication is annoying, but I'll take that over nothing.
    >

Two-factor authentication is stuck for me, I say send a text or send an email and nothing happens. How long did it take to receive the code? It seems to go into a black hole never to come out.
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Today, I no longer had to deal with 2FA when I downloaded transactions. That's good progress.
  • VAUser 222
    VAUser 222 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @VAUser 222 said:
    > > @scott47 said:
    > > Well, things seem to be either back to normal or getting closer....so I'm not mad anymore. The multi-factor authentication is annoying, but I'll take that over nothing.
    > >
    >
    > Two-factor authentication is stuck for me, I say send a text or send an email and nothing happens. How long did it take to receive the code? It seems to go into a black hole never to come out.

Me too! I keep trying and nothing arrives. Any suggestions from anyone?
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yesterday, I posted that DCU (or Quicken) no longer required 2FA for downloading transaction. Today, however, 2FA was required again :-(
This discussion has been closed.