CC-503 Schwab accounts

DukeC
DukeC Member
Q for Windows, Windows 11. Quicken told me I had to change/re-authorize my Charles Schwab Bank account for online access. I have tried multiple times over nearly a week and ALWAYS get a CC-503 error asking if I've entered my credentials incorrectly.

I've confirmed (via copy & paste) that the credentials entered in Quicken will work at the Schwab web site, but that doesn't matter to Quicken. I've changed my password at Schwab and then tried Quicken with the new password and get the same CC-503.

[Removed - Rant]

So - how do you propose to fix this - as it is clearly a Quicken problem?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    DukeC said:
    Q for Windows, Windows 11. Quicken told me I had to change/re-authorize my Charles Schwab Bank account for online access. I have tried multiple times over nearly a week and ALWAYS get a CC-503 error asking if I've entered my credentials incorrectly.

I've confirmed (via copy & paste) that the credentials entered in Quicken will work at the Schwab web site, but that doesn't matter to Quicken. I've changed my password at Schwab and then tried Quicken with the new password and get the same CC-503.

[Removed - Rant]

So - how do you propose to fix this - as it is clearly a Quicken problem?
    Hello @DukeC,

I am sorry to hear about this problem with CC-503 error messages. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

I just want to confirm that when your password was reset, you followed these exact steps, in order:

1. Launch Quicken and go to Tools > Password Vault > Add/Edit Passwords.
    2. Click on the account in the Password Vault.
    3. Choose Delete Password for the account.
    4. Complete a One Step Update, you will be prompted to enter the password manually.
    5. Type in the password (the same one used on the bank's website) and check in the box marked Save next to the password field.
    6. Click Update Now.

If the login ID or username also needs to be changed:

1. Choose Tools > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    5. Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
    6. Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.
    7. Return to the Online Services tab, and click Set up Now for each account you've deactivated.
    8. Enter the correct login ID and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account
    Reference: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-503

I hope to learn more about the situation in the future, and I look forward to any further correspondence you can provide in this discussion.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • DonutDollars
    DonutDollars Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. Jared's comment is no help, doesn't work.
    Any help out there?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    Hello @DonutDollars,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are also experiencing this error. 

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DonutDollars
    DonutDollars Member ✭✭
    I called and Quicken says it's your fault and you are working on it? When can we expect this will be fixed?
  • dibellarj
    dibellarj Unconfirmed ✭✭
    I have been receiving Schwab web connect CC-503 error for the past few weeks with the message “Oops. Did you mistype your login?” I am certain my login is correct and confirmed by logging into Schwab website. Prior to this, I have been successfully downloading from Schwab since the early 1990’s. I didn’t change password or ID recently.  I deactivated accounts but that didn’t help. Suggestions? 
  • dibellarj
    dibellarj Unconfirmed ✭✭
    In my post moments ago, I want to clarify that I am attempting download of Schwab investment accounts (Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.), not Schwab Bank
This discussion has been closed.