Finally got reconnection request for Schwab accts, disaster still upon us!

Fred L
Fred L Member ✭✭✭
Been waiting for months to reconnect my various Schwab accounts for download and today it finally asks me to reconnect. But it doesn't reconnect, it creates entirely new accounts with no historical transaction data. What a [Removed - Language] mess this has been. Busted on 11/13/21 and still busted!
Anyone found the secret sauce?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Fred L said:
    Been waiting for months to reconnect my various Schwab accounts for download and today it finally asks me to reconnect. But it doesn't reconnect, it creates entirely new accounts with no historical transaction data. What a [Removed - Language] mess this has been. Busted on 11/13/21 and still busted!
    Anyone found the secret sauce?
    Hello @Fred L,     

I am sorry to hear about this issue with reconnecting accounts. Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community for discussion and support.

How often do you save backups? This can be done anytime by going to File > Save a Backup in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Be sure to do this often, as it is essential in preserving your data and can be useful in a number of other contexts, as well. 

You can also restore a backup by going to File > Restore from Backup in the same upper menu. If possible, try restoring from a backup just prior to February 14th, 2022, and then proceed through linking the accounts as you normally would.

I look forward to hearing your response, should you have the chance to check back in with us here on the Quicken Community again.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • Fred L
    Fred L Member ✭✭✭
    Why the heck are you talking about backups? It's completely irrelevant to the issue of connecting my Schwab accounts to be able to download transactions again.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Fred L said:
    Why the heck are you talking about backups? It's completely irrelevant to the issue of connecting my Schwab accounts to be able to download transactions again.
    Hello @Fred L,  

Thanks for getting back to me.

I assure that the troubleshooting step in question is relevant. In order to better assist you, there are steps that must be followed in order to rule out a range of issues that could be at play. Since there are limited resources and our ability to see the behavior of the program first-hand is also impaired, I am going to require your cooperation and your descriptions of the results in order to work at a resolution.

I would like to continue corresponding about the problem.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • It does not matter how many times I have disconnected and reconnected and started all over with my existing Schwab account in Quicken. Quicken cannot make it work. I get errors over and over, data transfers sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. The calculations are wrong. I don't know who is to blame but Quicken/Schwab continues to be a complete, frustrating mess. The only way to fix it is to delete your account completely and start over and then because of the geniuses behind all of this, you lose all of your historical data.
  • Fred L
    Fred L Member ✭✭✭
    Yes Jared, I backup religiously. As well as every time I quit quicken. Now, please help me understand how this “troubleshooting step” plays with your other steps and your limited resources.
    Thanks for your help
  • Fred L
    Fred L Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Yo @Quicken Jared, where are your helpful troubleshooting tips? Inquiring minds want to know!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Fred L and @rbadd1056,

Thank you for your response. We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.