Downloading from American Express - accounts are getting mixed up?

NFBrown464
NFBrown464 Member
I have an AMEX credit card account and also an AMEX savings account ... have had both of these for many years with no trouble in Quicken. I do not download savings transactions to Quicken, there are few of them and it is easy to enter them manually. Suddenly - today - a download of transactions has many (and large amount) savings transactions downloaded to my credit card account in Quicken. This has really wreaked havoc in my Quicken accounts because I have used the transfer feature to post between accounts. So suddenly - my savings account, my credit card account and my checking account balances are WAY out of whack ... this after I reconciled all of them a week ago.

I happen to know that American Express is allowing login to Savings with my credit card credentials ... this has just started and while I do not use that, could it be causing the trouble??

All I know is I had to spend a lot of time manually fixing things and am left with some error that I have not located yet. And I am afraid to do another transaction download until I know this has been fixed or I know how to get around it?

Is there a way to get around this? As I said above, I have been using Quicken and had both of these accounts for about 10 years and this is the first issue I have had
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @NFBrown464,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this error and I understand how frustrating that can be. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Did you receive any sort of code or message before transactions were downloaded to your American Express Savings Account? Did anything change besides requiring login credentials for your savings account? You say that you manually input the transactions for your savings account, however, due to transactions downloading could you please confirm what connection method you are using with the savings account? You can see this by clicking the account then going to the Settings gear located in the bottom right-hand corner then clicking the Downloads tab then looking at Connection Type:. What were the errors that occurred after your transactions were downloaded?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• NFBrown464
    NFBrown464 Member
    Thank you for your response. I have entered this topic as both a Question and a Discussion --- being unsure as to where I should put it? I appreciate response from you and the Discussion moderator. Here is what I said there:

No credit card number changes or login credential changes. And I did not download AMEX savings transactions - I have not set that up in Quicken - they were downloaded and assigned to my AMEX credit card account. Then because I use the "transfer" function within quicken - those transactions that were recorded as payments to my credit card were deducted from my checking account. I download about every 7-10 days, yet this time those savings transactions were download from all of 2021. A mess!
    I have auto download credentials set up in Quicken for my checking and my credit cards accounts ... I press "Update all online accounts" and they all update without issue -- until this happened. I did have a recent message that told me I needed some code or a reentry of my password for AMEX (credit card) - I ignored that, did not change or add anything and the next time I update there was no issue.

To answer your question - the accounts I have set up online are set with Connection type - "Quicken connect". As I said above - I do not have my Savings account set up for any online download!

Thank you.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @NFBrown464,

Thank you for your thorough response. 

Could you please go to your savings account>Settings (in the bottom right corner)>Downloads tab and then take a screenshot of that and upload it here? Could you also take a screenshot of the same thing in your checking account that is with the same financial institution? 
    It should look like this:

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.