Quicken Crashes When Bills & Income is Selected

Scottyseng
Scottyseng Member ✭✭
Windows 10
Version R39.23
Build 27.1.39.23

Hello, after an update where there was a quickly released patch (I forgot the exact version number), my quicken will crash when you click on "Bills & Income". I have to run "Validate and repair" before I can get Bills & Income to open correctly. When the validation does run, it states that one bill reminder was corrupted and deleted. It also states that four transactions are corrupted and deleted. It always states this. I deleted all of the bill reminders and the validation still fails with the above text. I also have tried the "super validation" mentioned in other posts to no luck. I have even gone through my backup files beefore the update where this issue first appeared and even they exhibit the same symptom.

My other Quicken file, which I have for my parent's accounts, works just fine. I did not have this file open when I ran the update mentioned above.

Is there anyway to recover the quicken file? I do have backups, but it would be quite an amount of work to update it to today's date of transactions.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Scottyseng,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have seen that some users who are using Carbonite or another form of online/cloud-based backup service are experiencing slowness or freezing with the Bills and Income tab. We've escalated this issue and have been investigating a resolution.

If you do use Carbonite or another cloud-based backup tool, please try disabling this, ensure that your data is being stored locally (C: Drive), and see if this resolves the issue.

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Scottyseng
    Scottyseng Member ✭✭
    @"Quicken Anja" I keep my file locally without any online / cloud backup. I just manually copy the quicken files and backup files to my online server every week.

It seems the only real way for me to solve this is to start over with a new Quicken file and hope I can copy and paste my investment transactions.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up.

Instead of starting over with a new file, you may want to try creating a copy of your data file first which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.

If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

However, it's important to know that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID which can eliminate certain data file issues that may not always be detected through validating or super validating in the original file.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Scottyseng
    Scottyseng Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    @Quicken Anja I am amazed, copying it as you described fixed it for me. You've saved me from days of having to rebuild the file from scratch as this is several years of data. Thank you very much.
  • Quicken Anja
    @Scottyseng You're welcome and thanks for the update! Glad to hear that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.