scheduled paychecks

I changed my scheduled paychecks to reflect a new total and category splits. Quicken changed all my old paychecks to the new total and category splits. The net remained the same but the total and splits reflected the most recent change I made. The splits did not add up to the net that was in the register

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I changed my scheduled paychecks to reflect a new total and category splits. Quicken changed all my old paychecks to the new total and category splits. The net remained the same but the total and splits reflected the most recent change I made. The splits did not add up to the net that was in the register
    Hello @Charlie 250,         

I am sorry to hear about this trouble with category splits and scheduled paychecks. Thank you for speaking to the Quicken Community with respect to this issue.

I want to be sure I understand: are splits missing from the register, itself? Also, would it be possible for you to provide screenshots of the differences in the net and total, and perhaps some of the steps you are taking to schedule paychecks, as well? For reference, I have linked a thread on submitting screenshots in the Quicken Community:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

You may also drag and drop your images into the comment before it has been posted, if this proves to be the easier method.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • TRDR
    TRDR Member
    I had the same issue. However, the net was different and it changed ALL past paychecks (including reconciled items) to the new current amount. I am now changing ALL past paychecks. I believe this resulted from Quicken updates.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    TRDR said:
    I had the same issue. However, the net was different and it changed ALL past paychecks (including reconciled items) to the new current amount. I am now changing ALL past paychecks. I believe this resulted from Quicken updates.
    Your belief is correct. Details in this announcement:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909861/paycheck-wizard-issue-after-updating-to-r39-17-r39-21#latest

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• TRDR
    TRDR Member
    fyi-I am current on updates...and this issue was NOT resolved.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    TRDR said:
    fyi-I am current on updates...and this issue was NOT resolved.
    Per the announcement, you need to restore a back up from before 39.17 or 39.21 were installed AND patch up to 39.23. 

39.17 and 39.21 irretrievably damaged paycheck transactions. Restoring the back up from before the damage occurred is unfortunately the only recovery path. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.