Reconcile Accounts

David
David Member ✭✭
The 'Year End' function will include, by default, all unreconciled items. I have some accounts, i.e. 'Cash' which do not have a 'Reconcile' function. I wish to create a year end File, but do not several year's worth of unreconciled items included. How best may I proceed?
Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you can always do a mass selection and mark them as reconciled.  To do the mass selection, select the first to be so marked, and RIGHT click the 2nd to be so marked, then click in the CLR column and select "Reconciled".
    OR you can "Force Balance" the account to what ever you select by doing CTLR-R and picking an amount.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    I suspected that was the solution! Why do you think Quicken has no 'Reconcile' menu for a cash account?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    David said:
    I suspected that was the solution! Why do you think Quicken has no 'Reconcile' menu for a cash account?
    I suspect that they figure that there isn't anything to reconcile to.  It isn't like you get a statement for the amount of money in your pocket.

If reconciling is needed, I would just use a checking account type instead.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    I agree, but mass selecting and using the 'R' column is not quite as easy as 'Mark All' in the Reconcile window!
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another (and easy) option to "reconcile" a Cash account:
    Click on the icon at the ypprt-right of the screen.
    Select Update Balance.

This operation will post an adjustment transaction, if necessary, and will then mark all previous transactions as Reconciled.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    Great suggestion - thanks
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    CTRL-R, that I suggested about 4 hour ago, is the shortcut for "Update Balance".  It's also the shortcut that's used in all other Q accounts to reconcile them .

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.