Any special procedures when preparing to uninstall and reinstall?

Options
CBGrinder
CBGrinder Member
I'm preparing to upgrade an old laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and wondering about my uninstall/reinstall options. I currently have Quicken Premier ver.R39.23 build 27.1.39.23 on that laptop. I've backed up my personal files as I've done for years and saved them to a separate device. Just wondering if I will require a license number or code or product key when the time comes to reinstall under Windows 10. Thanks.

Best Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    All you have to do is login to the Quicken website, download the version that is there for download, install it and register it to the Quicken Id/password that you used to login to the website.  Your "license" is that fact that you have an active subscription with Quicken using that Quicken Id.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    To install Quicken on the new computer, I suggest you download and open: https://download.quicken.com/windows/Quicken.exe

Copy the Quicken file or Quicken file backup to a folder on an internal drive.  When you open the file, Quicken will prompt you to provide the password for the Quicken ID associated with the file.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    All you have to do is login to the Quicken website, download the version that is there for download, install it and register it to the Quicken Id/password that you used to login to the website.  Your "license" is that fact that you have an active subscription with Quicken using that Quicken Id.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    To install Quicken on the new computer, I suggest you download and open: https://download.quicken.com/windows/Quicken.exe

Copy the Quicken file or Quicken file backup to a folder on an internal drive.  When you open the file, Quicken will prompt you to provide the password for the Quicken ID associated with the file.

This discussion has been closed.