Where do the "Alert for follow up" alerts appear?

Options
I can't find anyplace in the desktop software that shows alerts for follow up. I couldn't find an answer in the community either. Where are they in the program? Nowhere in the dashboard that I can see, and the customize the dashboard window doesn't offer anything about it.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The alert should appear in the Alert Center: select Tools > Alert Center
    Alerts may also be displayed in the Alerts item on a Home tab view.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Home tab's new Dashboard feature does not appear to have an Alerts dashboard available at this time.
    To see the active Alerts you need to customize the old, traditional My Money view or create a new view page of the old non-dashboard type. Add the Alerts view to it.
    Urgent alerts can be displayed as popups. To change an alert to Urgent go into Tools / Alerts Center / Setup, select the alert in question and change "Show me the alert as:  (*) Urgent ..."
    Remember, you can always switch from the dashboard view to the traditional Home page / My Money view.
    And you can change Edit / Preferences / Startup to make Quicken display a different Home page on startup if you'd rather see something other than the dashboard.
  • Robert Keesecker
    Robert Keesecker Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, but the Alert Center is not applicable to what I wish to do, which is, use the "Alert for follow up" that Quicken has always had and still does have for each transaction. I get how to use the Alert Center, but it doesn't have an option that applies to an individual transaction's "Alert for follow up." Removing the alerts from the home page is a curious decision by Quicken. I don't understand the related dysfunction in the latest updates. Why is there an "Alert for follow up" transaction option even offered any more?
  • Robert Keesecker
    Options
    > @UKR said:
    > To see the active Alerts you need to customize the old, traditional My Money view or create a new view page of the old non-dashboard type. Add the Alerts view to it.Urgent alerts can be displayed as popups.

I don't see how to implement this.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken did not really remove the Alerts view from the Home tab. They just made a decision to show everybody the new Dashboard view ... whether they like it or not.
    As I stated in my earlier response, you can easily switch back to the old Home tab views and get your Alerts view back.
    What was the name of the Home tab view you used prior to the introduction of the Dashboard? "My Money"? Something else (like, in my case, "First Page")?
    The name of the old Home tab view should still appear at the top of the Home view and be selectable. Click it to switch to it.
    Here, for example, I have switched to my personal "First Page" view which I prefer to the Dashboard view.
    To make Quicken start on the First Page view change Edit / Preferences / Startup to make Quicken display a different Home page on startup if you'd rather see something other than the dashboard.

• Robert Keesecker
    Options
    I have a definitive answer to my question about the "Transaction Notes and Flags" window and function. It comes directly from a Support phone call (and of course the tech support people always know what they are talking about ;) ), but this person took my issue to his "supervisor" taking several minutes in that. He said the "Alert for follow-up" check box and the accompanying calendar date-set box option available in every transaction's "Transaction Notes and Flags" window no longer work. They simply do not work, says he. I said they used to work in before the wave of recent program updates and questioned him why they are still there. He had no answer and said he would submit this issue to the developers.

This is amazing to me. What Quicken now calls "Alerts" and "Alert for follow-up" are two different things. The latter either needs to be fixed or removed altogether.

Thank you @Sherlock and @UKR for your help.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I have a definitive answer to my question about the "Transaction Notes and Flags" window and function. It comes directly from a Support phone call (and of course the tech support people always know what they are talking about ;) ), but this person took my issue to his "supervisor" taking several minutes in that. He said the "Alert for follow-up" check box and the accompanying calendar date-set box option available in every transaction's "Transaction Notes and Flags" window no longer work. They simply do not work, says he. I said they used to work in before the wave of recent program updates and questioned him why they are still there. He had no answer and said he would submit this issue to the developers.

This is amazing to me. What Quicken now calls "Alerts" and "Alert for follow-up" are two different things. The latter either needs to be fixed or removed altogether.

Thank you @Sherlock and @UKR for your help.
    The Alert for follow-up check box and the accompanying calendar date-set box option available in every transaction's Transaction Notes and Flags window do work.  They worked in R36.38 and they work in R39.23.
  • Robert Keesecker
    Options
    I will just say this and then I'm outta here. Yes, you can check the Alert for follow-up box. Yes, you can check the date-set box. You can do these things, and if being able to put a check mark in a box is the definition of "works," ok, they work. What happens after that is they do not subsequently do the job they are supposed to do. The "alerts" do not show up anywhere, so they are not really alerts. Tech support agreed this is a problem. Two agents duplicated the issue and said I was correct. The "follow-up" alerts do not create or show a follow-up.

I'm out.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I will just say this and then I'm outta here. Yes, you can check the Alert for follow-up box. Yes, you can check the date-set box. You can do these things, and if being able to put a check mark in a box is the definition of "works," ok, they work. What happens after that is they do not subsequently do the job they are supposed to do. The "alerts" do not show up anywhere, so they are not really alerts. Tech support agreed this is a problem. Two agents duplicated the issue and said I was correct. The "follow-up" alerts do not create or show a follow-up.

I'm out.
    I'm not too surprised the Quicken Support doesn't understand how to use the feature.

The transaction followup alerts do show up in the Alert Center and in the Alerts item on a Home tab view.

• mansart
    mansart Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Given the way that this feature currently "works", I think Quicken needs to do one of two things, and preferably both:

1) Add an Alerts box to the Dashboard view.
    2) Add transaction alerts to the Alerts Center Setup tab so that you have the option to mark this type of alert as Urgent (pop up dialog box).

If they're only going to do one of these, I would prefer #2, as a pop-up reminder is the kind of alert I need.

As is, the feature is weak tea.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mansart said:
    Given the way that this feature currently "works", I think Quicken needs to do one of two things, and preferably both:

1) Add an Alerts box to the Dashboard view.
    2) Add transaction alerts to the Alerts Center Setup tab so that you have the option to mark this type of alert as Urgent (pop up dialog box).

If they're only going to do one of these, I would prefer #2, as a pop-up reminder is the kind of alert I need.

As is, the feature is weak tea.
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849425/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community
This discussion has been closed.