Reconcile Checking Account

Options
When Reconciling my Checking account, it says I am off by $750? but my Cleared transactions, Deposits and Ending Balance All Match the Bank Statement? I have gone back and re-entered the Beginning Balance to match the Banks statement from what Quicken had auto-filled from the previous month and I still get the $750. WHAT is going on can anyone help?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the reconciled opening balance has changed, a reconciled transaction has been added, modified, or deleted.  To determine the source of the change, I suggest you compare the running balance of the account register in the current Quicken file with the running balance of the account register from a Quicken file backup saved when the account was last reconciled.  One way to accomplish this is to print the registers to text files.
  • KevinPR
    KevinPR Member
    Options
    My monthly checking account usages and bank statements are small, I am a single user and would see a transaction that was entered in error.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does that "Opening Balance" transaction include any outstanding checks/debits at the time that 1st statement was printed?  Does such outstandings sum to $750?
    And, would you see a transaction that was deleted???

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.