Quicken from Costco for renewal

I see costco has a quicken sale, if I buy it, how can I extend my current quicken subscription that I bought online? thanks

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @TZ01,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

When purchasing your renewal from a 3rd-party retailer such as Costco, you will be provided with an Activation Code. This code is what you will use to enter in the program in order to apply the renewal to your subscription by navigating to Help > Enter Activation Code....

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TZ01
    TZ01 Member ✭✭
    thanks. does the renewal dates start from the end of the current subscription? or from the date I enter the activation code? also I assume I don't need to re-install anything?
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken Anja
    edited March 2022
    TZ01 said:
    thanks. does the renewal dates start from the end of the current subscription? or from the date I enter the activation code? also I assume I don't need to re-install anything?
    That is correct; the renewal date would start from the end of your current subscription, and no, you will not need to reinstall anything.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• TZ01
    TZ01 Member ✭✭
    thank you.
  • Quicken Anja
    You're welcome! :)

-Quicken Anja

• REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Today I bought a new 2020 Quicken Deluxe pkg off the shelf at Office Depot. It's a sealed disc-type of case with a Quicken Deluxe disc and activation code presumably inside the case. There is nothing printed on this box/case regarding an expiration date for the activation code. So, how can I know the expiration date of the activation code? I was hoping to use this code to renew my current subscription in mid-2023, but by that time if the activation code has already expired, then what is Quicken's remedy to keep my subscription active? I feel that I've paid ahead for this subscription renewal, but it may be for naught, and I had no way of knowing ahead of time as to when the unused activation code would expire. If I were to break the seal on this box in 2023, only to discover that the unused activation code has already expired or will expire before I'm ready to use it, I seriously doubt that Office Depot would refund my 2022 purchase. I request that Quicken's experts provide some much needed clarity toward solving this puzzling dilemma. Thanks
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @REJones,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community.

I invite you please take a moment to review my comment provided here that should hopefully clarify some of the questions you may have regarding your situation.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    >Hello @Quicken Anja,
    > So, is the activation code for my recently purchased 2020 Quicken Deluxe valid for entry up to 2 years after my purchase date?
This discussion has been closed.