Setting Backup default locations - is not working/saved

Options
MrLeeL
MrLeeL Member ✭✭
Each year I put quicken backs into a different folder.
I KNOW HOW TO CHANGE WHERE THE BACK UP IS PLACED. OK?
The issue is with quicken, it will not acknowledge that the backup folder is now the y2022. It only specifys the y 2021 folder.
Yes, I have restored back from the y2022 folder, but it still pulls only from the y2021 folder.
another untested feature in Quicken?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You select the backup destination in the dialog for manual backups. And in EDIT, Preferences, Backup for automatic backups.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MrLeeL said: I KNOW HOW TO CHANGE WHERE THE BACK UP IS PLACED. OK?
    there are TWO kinds ...
    - Automatic Backups - and you can set the destination location in the Quicken Preferences - Backups
    - Manual Backups - and you can set the destination location within the Backup dialog location screen

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• MrLeeL
    MrLeeL Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have changed the backup location in preferences and have done it manually as well. Both of these options do not set the default where the backups or start ups are. Seems like something is amis. I have been manually updating to the correct folder
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MrLeeL said: Both of these options do not set the default where the backups or start ups are.
    So we meet again - - where are these backups being created - full path vs where you want them created ?
    You also now mentioned "startup" - do you mean where the Quicken QDF data file is being opened & saved.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stuck in loop with logon to Quicken.com? Quicken fails or is slow to start? Quicken won't save changes to lists or transactions? (Windows 10)

Check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

This discussion has been closed.