Verify payment account for check pay error: "server did not respond to verification request"

tphilpott
tphilpott Member ✭✭
Anyone else having trouble with check pay? Twice now my account has had to be reverified causing me to have to send bills late and subject to late fees. Its bad enough that I have to wait like 3 days for quicken to send microdeposits to my account to verify, now then I enter the two deposit amounts into the Verify Payment Account for Check Pay screen, I get the following error "server did not respond to verification request." I'm at a hard stop right now can't pay bills, can't verify my account. Quicken just took their monthly fee out of my account [Removed - Rant/Disruptive]. For what I'm paying this should work. Any easy fixes that won't require me to spend hours troubleshooting this issue. Getting ready to use my bank's free bill pay service

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @tphilpott,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this persistent issue.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you try to Review and Repair Payment Accounts. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the Gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Payment Accounts in the dropdown menu.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tayler
    Tayler Member
    edited March 2022
    Yes, I'm getting an error after a recent update. The update corrupted my file and I had to restore a backup. I'm getting an error "Could not initiate payment. The payment account is not verified". Very frustrating. I am so unhappy with Bill Pay since Quicken took it over! [Removed - Solicitation]
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Tayler said:
    Yes, I'm getting an error after a recent update. The update corrupted my file and I had to restore a backup. I'm getting an error "Could not initiate payment. The payment account is not verified". Very frustrating. I am so unhappy with Bill Pay since Quicken took it over! I'm slowly converting to another method so that I can discontinue my service with Quicken.
    Hello @Tayler

I am sorry to hear that this issue is ongoing after restoring from a backup. Thank you for continuing to follow up with us.

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I look forward to hearing your answer.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ET2s
    ET2s Member
    I am also having an issue with the Payment Account for Check Pay verification process. This is the 3rd time in 6 months I have had to do this. During the last verification process that I started last week I tried to enter my deposits and getting the error "The server did not respond to Verification request".

I have reset my account, that is why I am having to do this process again. I am using Version R36.23 Build 27.1.39.23.

Has anyone found a resolution, this is very frustrating.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @Tayler & @ET2s,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and for adding to this discussion.

Before moving forward, could you please confirm if either of you has already tried the troubleshooting instructions provided in my previous response here? If so, could you please describe the outcome?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• tphilpott
    tphilpott Member ✭✭
    @ET2s I had the same issue multiple time (very frustrating) and followed the Review and Repair Payment Accounts instructions that Quicken Anja referenced in the chain above and that resolved the issue for me. Hope it helps you too!
  • Quicken Anja
    @tphilpott Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.