my transacation on computer not matching bank

mjnaid
mjnaid Member
so i did an update/sync with bank, results shows all accounts with this bank is updated with list of accounts and transactions downloaded, but when i look at accounts in my Windows Quicken, 2 accounts do not show the correct updated balance, when opening the account transactions, the updated transactions are not listed

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @mjnaid,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this error. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What are the financial institution(s) with the accounts that won't update? What are the connection methods with the accounts that won't update? You can see the Connection Method by navigating to the Account>Settings gear in the upper right corner>Edit Account Details>Online Services>Connection Method.

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mjnaid
    mjnaid Member
    the account is credit account, the log after i do update, shows 8 transactions downloaded, yet i don't see them in the account register, also, the account register shows correct online balance but incorrect ending balance as transactions are not listed
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @mjnaid,

Thank you for your response. 

What is the connection method with these accounts? What financial institutions are these accounts with? 

(See my previous message regarding how to find the connection method)

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• mjnaid
    mjnaid Member
    financial instutition is RBC royal Bank , connnection method: express web connect , Automatic entry is:On and it is setup for transaction download
    also when i do the update, it tells me the correct account balance and that it downloaded 8 transactions, it is just not listed in the account register.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @mjnaid,

Thank you for your thorough responses.

Could you please create a test file and add the RBC Royal Bank account(s) to see if the error still occurs? Below are instructions on how to create a test file. 

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• mjnaid
    mjnaid Member
    it works with the test file, how can i fix my original file
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    mjnaid said:
    it works with the test file, how can i fix my original file
    Hello @mjnaid

I am sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing. Thank you for continuing to follow up with us about this.

Where is your original data file located? You can check this by opening it via File > Open Quicken File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, and then going back into the same menu and selecting Show this file on my computer... Make sure that the file is located on your computer, and not in a cloud-based storage service or an external drive of any kind.

Next, have you tried validating the original data file? Save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the same menu mentioned previously, and then follow the instructions below, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing back from you after these steps have been taken.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mjnaid
    mjnaid Member
    there was transaction error, 2 transacations that i removed and reentered, and it then it worked.... these showed in the validate log. thanks for your help
This discussion has been closed.