I am tired of seeing this pop up every time I update my portfolio. How do I get rid of it?

GBB
GBB Member
How do I get rid of the sync error pop up?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @GBB,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GBB
    GBB Member
    Still occurring.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up.

Next, I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file or other Cloud Accounts (if applicable). Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    2. Preferences... 
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    4. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    5. Click Disable Sync
    6. Navigate to Connected Services
    7. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    8. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    9. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    10. Click Enable Sync
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• GBB
    GBB Member
    Tried that first as seen on previous thread. No help.
  • Quicken Anja
    In that case, I suggest manually resetting the cloud account instead.

To do this, first, save a backup (just in case). Then, follow the instructions provided below to remove the cloud account from your main data file (this does not affect your data saved with your file).
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Preferences...
    3. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF
    4. Click Disable Sync
    5. Close Preferences
    6. Open a different data file, or if you don't have a second data file to open, then create a temporary new data file (click here to view instructions under To create a new data file).
    7. Once you've opened a different data file, navigate back to Quicken
    8. Preferences...
    9. Connected Services
    10. Click on See all cloud accounts 
    11. Select the cloud account name from your original file
    12. Click the minus-sign (-) in the bottom left corner
    13. On the pop-up screen, click Delete Cloud Account
    14. Switch back to your original data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Switching between data files)
    15. Once you've returned to your original data file, navigate back to Quicken
    16. Preferences...
    17. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    18. Click Enable Sync
    Once the sync completes, sign back in to check and see if this resolved the issue. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account (if applicable).

-Quicken Anja

• GBB
    GBB Member
    Ok....that worked....thanks
  • Quicken Anja
    @GBB You're welcome and thanks for the update! Glad to hear that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.