Direct Connect No Longer Functioning with my institution (IU Credit Union)

Options
docpepson
docpepson Member ✭✭
I kept getting a pop up message that stated there was a "general error." Trying to troubleshoot this, I disconnected my accounts and tried to reconnect. I have also been in communication with my bank, who sees no problem. We have entirely reset my direct connect capabilities - this did not resolve the issue.

I am not having any network issues, and this issue remains regardless what network I am on.

I just want to sync my accounts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @docpepson

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

What occurs when trying to update your account with IU Credit Union? Do you receive any messages or codes? What version of Quicken are you using? You can see this by going to Quicken>About Quicken.

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the IU Credit Union account(s) to see if the same error occurs or if you are able to download transactions. You can create a test file by going to File>New>Start from Scratch. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps so you may get back to where you were before if things were to go awry. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• docpepson
    docpepson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Since I have disconnected the accounts and cannot reconnect, nothing happens.

I am using Version 6.6.2 (Build 606.43218.100)

When I switched to the new file from scratch, I was able to add all of the accounts.
  • docpepson
    docpepson Member ✭✭
    Options
    So how do I restore my old data from the backup? It's apparent that restoring the backup will erase the current file.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hello @docpepson

Thank you for your response and for attempting the test file. 

What occurs when you try to reconnect your accounts? 

Since these errors did not occur within the test file, I recommend restoring from a backup that was created before these errors began to occur. You can follow this link to a Support Article that discusses saving and restoring backups. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• docpepson
    docpepson Member ✭✭
    Options
    That failed. I am starting over from scratch. It's pretty clear there is no other option.
This discussion has been closed.