How do I delete a ADDED category transaction that was incorrectly downloaded

Options
I placed an order with my brokerage for 1000 shares of a stock. The brokerage executed the order in 2 lots (one for 950 and one for 50 shares). Quicken downloaded the transaction and recorded it as an ADDED type for 950 with a cost basis of $0 and another transaction for 1000 shares as BOUGHTX at the correct price.
Consequently I am showing that I have 1950 shares and not 1000.
I cannot see any way of deleting the ADDED transaction as it does not appear in the register for the brokerage account. It does show in the expanded view of the security in the portfolio view but on that screen there is no way of deleting it.
Should I just record a DELETED transaction in the register for the 950 shares?

Answers

• Charles Farnell
    Charles Farnell Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was able to enter a REMOVED transaction in the register to reduce the holding by 950 shares.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the broker's name here? It seems very strange to not see it in the transaction list (register) but to see the transaction in the Security Detail View.  When you did the Remove action I assume that 950 shares was available for selection?
    If you are allowing downloaded transactions to be automatically added to the Account you might want to change this behavior so that you have a chance to catch this sort of error in the future.
  • Charles Farnell
    Charles Farnell Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Tom. I was able to select the 950 shares and it did correct the issue. I do review each transaction downloaded but obviously missed this. Brokerage is Schwab. All good, post is closed.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you check the Show hidden transactions preference: select Edit > Preferences...

This discussion has been closed.