Reconciling problem

artttom
artttom Member ✭✭
:| One of my credit cards has an online balance of -45.11 and an "ending balance" of 45.11. So the ending balance is the complete opposite of the online balance. I had this problem yesterday and put in a place holder and then deleted it. The account reconciled fine. This morning when I downloaded another transaction (of 45.11) it won't reconcile because Quicken shows a difference of 90.22, which is 45.11 +45.11. Any ideas why this is happening and what to do to fix it?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    artttom said:
    Thanks for the suggestions, but I was hoping to keep using the online version so I didn't have to wait a month. Isn't there any way to adjust the data the software is using? Thanks
    Reconciling using a statement is the way to adjust the data the software is using.  You don't need to wait a month and you may keep using the online version.

If you want to wait, I suggest you contact Quicken Support if you're using the Express Web Connect connection method or the financial institution if you're using the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method to report the issue.

Answers

• artttom
    artttom Member ✭✭
    Oh and my bank app shows the balance to be -45.11 as well
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    As the Online Balance Quicken obtained from the financial institution is unreliable, I suggest reconciling using a statement.
  • artttom
    artttom Member ✭✭
    Sherlock, unfortunately, I've been using the online reconciliation for many months now, and Quicken specifically suggests not to switch.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore that suggestion.  As @Sherlock states, that number is unreliable.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• artttom
    artttom Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions, but I was hoping to keep using the online version so I didn't have to wait a month. Isn't there any way to adjust the data the software is using? Thanks
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    artttom said:
    Reconciling using a statement is the way to adjust the data the software is using.  You don't need to wait a month and you may keep using the online version.

If you want to wait, I suggest you contact Quicken Support if you're using the Express Web Connect connection method or the financial institution if you're using the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method to report the issue.
  • artttom
    artttom Member ✭✭
    Oh, ok, thanks, Sherlock. I thought it just changed the way I would reconcile from now on. I'll do as you suggest, and I may also contact support this week. I appreciate the suggestions from both of you.
This discussion has been closed.