Paycheck

Options
XCountry
XCountry Member ✭✭
Hi,
I have a paycheck which was entered without any contributions so it only has one category e.g. Income:Salary.
I now want to add in a contribution but when I select Split, it just shows me the single transaction and not the usual 'split window' where I can enter multiple lines.
Am I stuck with this and have to add another separate line to capture the contribution?
Thanks,
Ken

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you trying to use the Paycheck Wizard to enter your paychecks, or a normal split transaction?

You can access the Paycheck Wizard by clicking the Add Paycheck button at Planning > Tax Center. Make sure you select the Gross Amount option on the first screen if you want to enter deductions.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • XCountry
    XCountry Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I'm using the paycheck wizard. In some cases, when I recorded my past paychecks, I removed deductions, expenses etc just leaving the salary. In the register, the transaction appears as a regular double entry.
    I'm now trying to add in a contribution but quicken does does give the split window when I try to split the categories.
This discussion has been closed.