When will the activation code expire?

AAT
AAT Member ✭✭
I just purchased Quicken Deluxe 2020 from Sam's Club. Will the activation code still be valid at the end of this year?

Chatted with a rep asking the same question since Quicken does not provide the expiration date anywhere on the retail package. The rep kept insisting that the 24-month expiration date is generated on the date of purchase. I asked how Quicken knows when a particular copy is sold to a customer to generate the expiration date individually, the answer is "the day you purchased it" -- not sure how that answers my question, but it's evident that I won't be getting any help from customer service.

Thanks.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's not on the purchase date, but rather it's when the box is printed.
    But why did you purchase a 2 year old product?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• AAT
    AAT Member ✭✭
    The copies sold in Costco or Sam's I saw all have the stickers says "Quicken Deluxe 2020".
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious, because that's not what I'm seeing on their website:
    You might want to consider returning your purchase for refund, and buying the newer product.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Sam's Club online is showing a 2-year copy of Quicken 2018. At lease Costco has Quicken 2021.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Here is how I see it.

1. It is impossible that the that the expiration date is based on the purchase date.  Quicken Inc has no idea when you purchased Quicken from a retailer.  What's more the codes would have been generated on put into the box at the time it was printed.
    2. I wouldn't trust the pictures that the retailers are using, most likely they are just being lazy about updating them, and what's more it is all "marketing hype".  There hasn't been a "year version" of Quicken since Quicken went to a subscription.  So, the "year" on the box is meaningless.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAT said: I just purchased Quicken Deluxe 2020 from Sam's Club.
    The rep kept insisting that the 24-month expiration date is generated on the date of purchase.
    What rep - from which company ?
    The Activation Code discussion has popped up here on the forum several times....
    1 - the codes are printed on a card INSIDE the box -
    2 - so, no telling WHEN they actually expire until you open the box and read the card fine print.
    3 - the product photos could just be old stock photos, and not updated for the current product being sold.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• AAT
    AAT Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > What rep - from which company ?The Activation Code discussion has popped up here on the forum several times....
    > 1 - the codes are printed on a card INSIDE the box -
    > 2 - so, no telling WHEN they actually expire until you open the box and read the card fine print.
    > 3 - the product photos could just be old stock photos, and not updated for the current product being sold.

Chatted with Quicken customer service rep/agent. I did open the box and like others have pointed out in different posts, there is no expiration date printed inside or outside of the box, the activation code card, or the CD.
  • fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭✭
    AAT said:
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > What rep - from which company ?The Activation Code discussion has popped up here on the forum several times....
    > 1 - the codes are printed on a card INSIDE the box -
    > 2 - so, no telling WHEN they actually expire until you open the box and read the card fine print.
    > 3 - the product photos could just be old stock photos, and not updated for the current product being sold.

Chatted with Quicken customer service rep/agent. I did open the box and like others have pointed out in different posts, there is no expiration date printed inside or outside of the box, the activation code card, or the CD.
    What was the agents response ? Since you did open the box, did you try to activate it, if so was it expired ?
This discussion has been closed.