Quicken not allowing detailed transactions from two LPL accounts.

MOBRIEN
MOBRIEN Member ✭✭
Quicken not allowing detailed transactions from two LPL accounts, but the first LPL account I had is fine. When I added the 3rd account, I had multiple issues and had to delete the 2nd of the 2 accounts I had. When I tried to re add that and added the 3rd account, Quicken is saying LPL doesn't allow it, but they do. It's also not updating one of the accounts

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    MOBRIEN said:
    Quicken not allowing detailed transactions from two LPL accounts, but the first LPL account I had is fine. When I added the 3rd account, I had multiple issues and had to delete the 2nd of the 2 accounts I had. When I tried to re add that and added the 3rd account, Quicken is saying LPL doesn't allow it, but they do. It's also not updating one of the accounts
    Hello @MOBRIEN

I am sorry to hear about these issues with account connections. Thank you for speaking with the Quicken Community about this trouble.

When did these issues begin, and what - if any - error messages are you seeing when experiencing difficulties with updates? Also, try restoring from a backup file saved prior to when you noticed this issue occurring by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen.  Given that backups have been saved regularly by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu mentioned previously, then a backup should be available. 

I am eager to hear your replies, should you have the opportunity to drop by the Quicken Community once again. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • MOBRIEN
    MOBRIEN Member ✭✭
    that actually made it worse. now all 3 Lpl accounts are not allowing detailed transactions and now I have no idea how to get these accounts updated. The issue started when I added a 3rd LPL account. the message on the account t settings is that LPL doesn't allow detailed transactions and it does.
  • Quicken Jared
    MOBRIEN said:
    that actually made it worse. now all 3 Lpl accounts are not allowing detailed transactions and now I have no idea how to get these accounts updated. The issue started when I added a 3rd LPL account. the message on the account t settings is that LPL doesn't allow detailed transactions and it does.
    @MOBRIEN

Thank you for reaching back out to me. I am sorry to hear about this change in circumstances.

Where is your current active data file located? This information should be made available by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I am eager to hear your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • MOBRIEN
    MOBRIEN Member ✭✭
    in my documents folder
  • Quicken Jared
    MOBRIEN said:
    in my documents folder
    Hello @MOBRIEN

Thank you for getting back in contact with me in order to bring me the answer to that question. 

In this case, I recommend creating a 'test file' by going to File > New Quicken File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Select New Quicken File in the window that next appears and then choose the file destination on your computer. Click Save and select Don't use Quicken mobile and web in the screen that follows. Finally, add your LPL account(s) by clicking on the Add Account button. 

I am curious to see whether or not the behavior with respect to detailed transactions continues in this test file once you attempt to update or download to your account(s).

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • MOBRIEN
    MOBRIEN Member ✭✭
    I still have the same issue. "LPL Financial does not support downloading detailed investment information. If you want to use Detailed Tracking, you must disconnect this account and manually enter your investment transactions."
  • MOBRIEN
    MOBRIEN Member ✭✭
    Also, one of the accounts just set up is over 1 million dollars off from the actual balance
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @MOBRIEN,

Thank you for your responses. 

Is the account with the incorrect balance showing as such in both the test file and the active file?

As for LPL Financial only downloading simple transactions, you would need to reach out to them for further assistance. Quicken only downloads what the Financial Institution sends so if both your main file and your test file are only bringing in simple transactions then that is what LPL Financial is sending. I do recommend asking to speak to a tier 2 representative or a supervisor as they may be more familiar with the workings and connection of third-party applications such as Quicken. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• MOBRIEN
      MOBRIEN Member ✭✭
      As I mentioned, LPL does support detail transactions and quicken allowed it on one of my accounts but not the other two. The issue has resolved itself. thank you
    • Quicken Jared
      MOBRIEN said:
      As I mentioned, LPL does support detail transactions and quicken allowed it on one of my accounts but not the other two. The issue has resolved itself. thank you
      @MOBRIEN

Thank you for reaching out again to update us. I am happy to hear that the issue has been resolved, although I do apologize if the resolution remains somewhat unclear.

Feel free to reach out again with any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
    This discussion has been closed.