Quicken wireless mouse pointer disappears and program freezes

Options
PYohe
PYohe Member ✭✭
I just purchased Quicken Premier. Sometimes, it freezes and I can't enter anything or exit the program. I have to restart the computer which may affect Quicken saving transactions I have entered.

My mouse pointer works for a few seconds or even a few minutes, then I can only see the pointer on the screen edges and on my on screen keyboard. I can move it over headings and see the highlighted headings, but the pointer is not visible. It makes it difficult to use a mouse. To get the pointer back, I have to exit Quicken and go back into the program again.

I used Quicken Chat, but none of their downloaded fixes worked. They said it must mean my wireless mouse is defective.

The pointer ONLY disappears with the Quicken program. No problems with other programs or online websites. I have updated Windows and the drivers.

What can I do to fix both?

Thanks

Answers

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hi @Pyohe

I am sorry for the trouble you are having with your wireless mouse and thank you for bringing this to the Community's attention. Please visit this thread to see if the trouble shooting steps will help with this issue. If this does not resolve the problem, please respond back here, so I can look into this further for you.

Thanks! 

Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• PYohe
    PYohe Member ✭✭
    Options
    That was one of the first things I looked for after I read post after post here about the problem.

It only happens when inside the program. It doesn't affect the mouse pointer on my desktop when I close Quicken. When in Quicken, the pointer shows on the four edges of the screen and on my on-screen keyboard. When I move the mouse off the keyboard, it disappears.

Thanks.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What hardware and what operating system are you using? Quicken predates on-screen keyboards by about a century and may not be operable on your platform.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• aurumsage@
    aurumsage@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same problem. It is with my keyboard touchpad. I have yet to try a wireless or wired mouse. I have tried the solutions provided but none of them work. Quicken is unusable without the mouse. Please help with solutions.
  • aurumsage@
    aurumsage@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I should add I have been using Quicken for over 10 years without problem. It is only with Windows 10 and now 11 that I have had difficulties. No changes in computer hardware, just the upgrade to Windows 10. I was hoping the issue would be resolved with new computer and Windows 11 but same missing mouse.
This discussion has been closed.