How do I create a new group category (business expense) for my file?

I have personal expense and personal income but I need to add business expense.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Any category that has a tax line of from Schedule C or Schedule F will be put in the Business Income or Expense category group.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or from Schedule E if your business is Rental properties

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Either way, please take a look at Tools / Category List.
    In there you'll find an Options button. Click it. Select Manage Categories.
    In the dialog you will find "Available Categories" with a selectable list, Standard, Business, etc. Select Business.
    The list of categories in the window below will now show Business categories. Look thru the list and select the ones you think you might need. Click "Add". Click OK when done making selection. This will add the selected categories to your Category List.

• Diane Beebe
    Diane Beebe Member
    Thank you but I also need to know when you open the category list "box" on the left side of box hightlighted in gray is the name of category such as Personal Expense, Personal Income etc is listed. I can not get Business Expense to appear. When you hit the category such as Business Expense it filters out those items that do not apply. Most helpful.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would suggest that you haven't associated ANY categories with Sched C, E, F tax lines ... thus, so far, there ARE NO Business income or expense items.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Diane Beebe
    Diane Beebe Member
    I will try
    Thank you
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do be sure to verify the settings of your Category List view. To get a complete, unfiltered, sorted by Category name list of all categories in your data file review the red circled selections:
    • Show Full List
    • Search box is empty. If it shows an "X" where the magnifying glass is shown click the "X"
    • List sorted by Category (column header shows a black triangle pointing up. Click on column header to sort by column)
    • Left sidebar has "All Categories" selected (or select one of the other choices)
    • Show hidden categories has a checkmark
    If you have set up Business categories earlier, or added them as per my previous advice, you should now see them in the list.
This discussion has been closed.