PayPal Showing $0 balance

gbhnew
gbhnew Member ✭✭
Within the about 2 weeks ago the Quicken download for PayPal started showing $0 balance on my account. I have reset the connection and established a new connection and get the same results. Please advise.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    gbhnew said:
    Within the about 2 weeks ago the Quicken download for PayPal started showing $0 balance on my account. I have reset the connection and established a new connection and get the same results. Please advise.
    Hello @gbhnew

I am sorry to hear about this issue with account balances and downloads. Thank you for reaching out to us about this problem.

Are you noticing that transactions are downloading, in spite of the incorrect balances? Also, I recommend opening a new data file by going to File > New... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. In the following screen, select Start from scratch, click Next, and then Create a new file... with the default categories of the country in which you reside. Lastly, select Don't use Quicken Web or Mobile. In this new 'test' file, attempt to connect your Paypal account by going to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand corner (denoted by the '+' icon) and check to determine whether or not balances display normally.

I look forward to any updates you may be able to provide.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • gbhnew
    gbhnew Member ✭✭
    No transactions have not downloaded since 4/4/22 (date of last update).

I created a new file per your recommendations and setup PayPal. There were no downloads in the new file and $0 balance. Please advise.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    gbhnew said:
    No transactions have not downloaded since 4/4/22 (date of last update).

I created a new file per your recommendations and setup PayPal. There were no downloads in the new file and $0 balance. Please advise.
    Hello @ghbnew

Thank you for getting back to me about what is happening and for providing further updates. I do apologize that this issue is continuing.

At this stage - given that the problem is occurring with the same financial institution, in the same account, across two data files - I recommend reaching out to Paypal support. Note that it is often best to request to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team, as these individuals are more likely to be familiar with third-party software interactions, like those that may concern Quicken.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • gbhnew
    gbhnew Member ✭✭
    I should note that my PayPal Credit account is also not downloading and no longer shows as a selectable account when establishing a new connection.
  • Seth300
    Seth300 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. Two Paypal accounts (mine and my partner's) and nothing has downloaded on either for about 2-3 weeks. No error notice. Quicken acts like it is connecting just fine, simply nothing coming down.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• pjusken2
    pjusken2 Member ✭✭
    I have had the same problem for the past 4 weeks. Recently on 4/27, downloads are happening again, thankfully, but I have 2 out of 5 Paypal accounts still showing $0 balance, so unable to reconcile. I submitted the Problem report. I also attempted to deactivate online service and reactivate, which did not resolve the problem.
This discussion has been closed.