Quicken hangs during edit

I have Quicken R39.23 installed and have run into a problem. When I try to edit and upcoming transaction on the "Bills & Income" window, Quicken hangs after I enter the edit. Recovery requires stopping and restarting Quicken. System advised error condition is being communicated to Windows. This situation has existed since I updated to a later processing unit which came with Windows 11 installed. If I open the "Manage Manual Bills and Income" pane from the "Bills & Income" window it and edit from there all works fine.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @LarryD8686,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this problem, though we apologize that you are experiencing this

We have seen that some users who are using Carbonite or another form of online/cloud-based backup service are experiencing slowness or freezing with the Bills and Income tab. We've escalated this issue and have been investigating a resolution.

If you do use Carbonite or another cloud-based backup tool, please try disabling this, ensure that your data is being stored locally (C: Drive), and see if this resolves the issue.

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LarryD8686
    LarryD8686 Member ✭✭
    I do not use Carbonite or other cloud based back-ups. The issue only manifests itself if I edit (i.e. change due date, amount due) for an item on the Bills & Income window. I can open the item, enter my edit normally. Then when I use save, the application goes into what appears to be a wait state. Clicking anywhere in the window at that time brings up an error message indicating that Quicken is not responding and offering options to stop the program or wait for it to respond. I tried the "wait for respond" option and after 15 minutes decided it wasn't going to respond so I then took the stop program avenue which worked. I can then restart the program normally and all seems fine unless I try the edit again. Puzzling.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • LarryD8686
    LarryD8686 Member ✭✭
    Not sure how to answer that. How do I find it?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2022
    Not sure how to answer that. How do I find it?
    You can find this by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer. This will open a File Explorer window, and at the top it will show the exact pathway of where you data file is located.

By default, Quicken data files are saved and located in the following pathway; C:\Users\"Username"\Documents\Quicken as shown in the example provided above.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LarryD8686
    LarryD8686 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the help. I have attached a screen shot of location of my data file. Wasn't sure how to crop it so it contains some background image.
  • LarryD8686
    LarryD8686 Member ✭✭
    the problem has grown worse. Now if I attempt to edit an existing bill from either the "Bills & Income" window or from the "Manage Manual Bills and Income) pane available from the "Bills & Income" window the program hangs with a Quicken is not responding error message. This also happens when I tried to enter a new bill.
  • LarryD8686
    LarryD8686 Member ✭✭
    I contacted Quicken Support regarding this issue. The agent had me open a shared session, executed a "File>Validate and Repair and then reviewed the result. Had me update my backup and the problem has been resolved. My thanks to everyone who helped and provided comments and suggestions. I appreciate your time and effort in resolving my issue.
This discussion has been closed.