How do I set up correctly for eBay sales

vpep
vpep Member
I’m feeling like a dunce. I’ve been using Quicken for a long time, but doing basic things like checking account and credit cards. Now I want to be able to track my eBay sales. We don’t have a store, but we do intend to sell a lot of stuff we’ve collected over the years, and I’d like to be able to do it correctly. I’m not sure how to categorize everything and what new accounts I need to set up. I’ll have to track the item sold amount, the eBay fee, and the shipping charge done through Paypal (no fee on that).

I know how to download a QIF file from PayPal and I know how to convert a .csv file from ebay into QIF. What I’m not sure about is where to put all that info. I’ve hunted for tutorials and forum help but can’t find anything. Do I set up an ebay account (like a checking account and import the data into that? The sold amount would be income and the fees an expense, right? Do I need to involve my checking account (where the money will be transferred to) in this process…? Do I need an “undeposited funds” acct? I’m just at a loss. My brain wasn’t made for accounting. Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Hi @Vpep,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding how to record your eBay sales. Please visit this thread for more ideas on how to set up your account to track this information.

Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.