My discounted subscription terminated after 1 day; Suddenly full price after getting set up.

Options
Does this happen frequently? It feels a bit like a bait & switch. On 4/11/22, I signed up for a quicken for windows subscription at a discounted rate. My card was charged $33.76. Something listed as a quicken credit cart adjustment deposited $33.76 on the same day. The program worked long enough for me to get things all set up. Today, I was fed up with the "update" message and the grayed-out screen about making an appointment for a call being stuck across my laptop, so I popped into the quicken website to see about cancelling and refunding this software that only worked one day, and I see that according to my subscription info, it is just considered "ended." There's an option to renew it, though. At full price. I had no knowledge and received no notice about the fee being "adjusted" back into my account; as far as I can tell, it was initiated on Quicken's end, unsolicited. I'm less than pleased with losing a day setting things up, and the sensitive security information that I entered and saved in a vault, and I can't even get into the software to look at the information that I imported into it. This is frustrating, but the insult to the injury is "renewal" at a $50+ amount - yes, renewal at full price would make sense...next year.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @lonestar.scholar,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and providing details about this unfortunate experience that we sincerely apologize for.

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where did you purchase Quicken ?
    Was this a NEW USER offering ?
    Please let us all know how this works out - and what actually happened ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.