Error CC-508 CarMax Auto Finance

RonBrumbarger
RonBrumbarger Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
For the last several weeks, my Quicken / Carmax connection has not been working. I'm a long-time Quicken user (since V1) [Removed - Disruptive]. Something changed and it's just not functional. Any insights?

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, in the meantime, if the instructions found in the support article provided in my previous response fail to resolve this error, then we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @RonBrumbarger,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

In order to better assist you further, could you please further elaborate and explain exactly what is happening when you try to connect? Are you receiving any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) that you could provide us with here, please? 

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Clifton
    Clifton Member ✭✭
    I'll echo @RonBrumbarger stance. Carmax connection errors began after my last download on 4/7/2022. Error received is "CC-508 - Your financial institution's website has a new page or pop-up window that needs your response." Unfortunately after logging into Carmax's web page, no new page or pop-up window was found.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @Clifton,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding additional details to this discussion, though I apologize that you are also experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-508.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• antanasvn
    antanasvn Member
    I have the same problem with quicken and CarMax. None of the suggestions for your cc-508 error have resolved the issue. When I click on Fix It it takes me to a page with a weblink CarMax Auto Finance. It also shows retry. With the retry it recycles back and attempts to connect but brings back the same error message. When I click on Go to Financial Institution Website -I get a CarMax message 404
    You found a blank page.
    I believe there has been some change in the CarMax address that Quicken needs to fix and update the software.
  • antanasvn
    antanasvn Member
    Carmax Error 404
    https://www.carmax.com/enUS/carmax-auto-finance/default.html
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    This is the current internal Quicken config - still active for Quicken One Step Update -
    54948    54948    54948    CarMax Auto Finance
    http://www.carmax.com/enUS/carmax-auto-finance/default.html
    https://www.carmax.com/mycarmax/sign-in    ACTIVE          
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT
    [EDIT] - also updated topic title to better reflect actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• David Paulson
    David Paulson Member ✭✭
    I am having the same error. The help for error CC-508 did not help.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, in the meantime, if the instructions found in the support article provided in my previous response fail to resolve this error, then we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

-Quicken Anja

• antanasvn
    antanasvn Member
    edited April 2022
    I have already reported the problem twice through Quicken software. [Edit-Disruptive]
  • pfrommjo
    pfrommjo Member
    I am also experiencing this issue. It stopped working a few weeks back for me. Is there anything I can contribute to help remedy this issue?
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

• antanasvn
    antanasvn Member
    Was getting CC-508 -followed deactivate and reset and now cc-800 error.
    Quicken link to accounts - http://www.carmax.com/enUS/carmax-auto-finance/default.html.
    My account Link https://www.carmax.com/mycarmax/sign-in.
    Have tried both of your suggestions.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-508 AND https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-when-updating-accounts-cc-800.
    Neither one solves the problem.
    Please fix this- We are paying annual memberships and there has been no fix to what is an apparent simple solution
This discussion has been closed.