Banks that support Quicken quick pay checks

Does anyone have a list of banks that support sending checks through quicken. I don't want to pay extra for quicken to send out checks.

Also. There is a 24 hour deference between what I see online when I log into my online checking account and what downloads to quicken. That may be the norm but if not, has anyone found a way to do real-time downloads?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    You will find what you are looking for in the FIDIR.txt file at this location on your computer:
    It is a hidden file, so you will need to change the setting in Windows to show hidden files.
    The entries with PAYMENT&DIRECT in them support Quicken causing payments to be made via the FI's bill pay system, whether or not the FI charges a fee, you would need to check with the FI.
    As far as getting "real time" downloads, that is totally dependent on the FI and it is only possible if the FI support either Direct Connect or Web Connect download methods.  Express Web Connect downloads are ALWAYS delayed by at least a day, maybe two depending on timing.
    See this article for an explanation of the different download methods: Connection Methods

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    splasher said:
     Express Web Connect downloads are ALWAYS delayed by at least a day, maybe two depending on timing.
    See this article for an explanation of the different download methods: Connection Methods

Actually that isn’t true.  Yes, that is what the article says, what was the “procedure” when Express Web Connect was first created, but even though the article doesn’t say so, Express Web Connect has changed quite a bit from that time.

Some financial institution’s can be real time, others will behave like the article states and be delayed at least a day.  And it can even go to the extreme that they will not update except right after the monthly statement.

At its heart Express Web Connect is an agreement between Intuit and the financial institution on how to retrieve the transactions.  As such, there isn’t really any “set rule” about how close this process will be to real time or not.

Note even with Direct Connect, it is up to the financial institution of when to make the transactions available.

But also note that in all cases pending transactions shouldn’t be sent.  Also note that Quicken Inc pays Intuit for this service, so that is why they are still involved with this.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.